New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

Yep its Icons with gold drivers. I'm sure they sound good but why not design from the ground up with a whole new idea? Fail IMO
i agree. no creativity at all to create an actual new product.
Keep in mind that this DOES NOT REPLACE THE CURRENT REFERENCE II LINE
you have already told us this a few times. and i understand it is replacing the current icon and synergy series HOWEVER, i still think its taking alot away from any reference line new or old.
Pass judgement... I think they look damn fine.
that they do.
Those speakers look WAY MORE refined and "finished"
i guess each to their own but its just got different color cones and different vinyl wrap.
some folks complain and don't realize that there are price pressure considerations and when you offer them premium product of no compromise they say... "Wow, those are so expensive".
this is what i don't understand. you say people complain about expensive speakers. i get that but that is why there are different lines. icon, synergy, reference, thx, palladium, and heritage. each have their own price points. however now that new bottom of the line is the reference stuff? is the stuff that is replacing current reference getting a new name? i hope so otherwise i think a mistake was made. and i am anxious to see prices.

I'm with Scrappy pretty much across the board on this one. And the comparison pic says alot. It will be interesting to see/compare specs and what improvements may have been made. I agree that they improved the looks with a few minor tweaks.

I will not knock these "new" "lower" level Reference speakers but it gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, the the "new" "upper" level Reference VI speakers will all have real wood veneers.

Then I would totally get the picture.

Bill

Edited by willland

Headquarters obviously has an established release schedule. You guys are like rabid dogs looking for scraps of detail and our forum overlords provided some teasers just to keep the peace. Instead, you guys have jumped to massively erroneous conclusions which are based on very minute bits of detail. Step away from the keyboard, sit on your damn hands, and wait for the official releases.

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is funny, it's not like there has been any major breakthroughs in audio to amount to huge changes.

Looking for a huge change move up the line a few notches, that should do it.

You would have to be a little silly to move from the current top Rf to the new and improved Rf, differences, probably so, huge differences, I doubt.

I guess this is not important to me considering I am done speaker shopping even if they come out with the new super duper xyz.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Oh I am done as well just don't get where they are going with this at all. And Thaddeus I ain't digging for anything as I am set on speakers. I was just pointing out the "new" stuff looks like old stuff with new colors. That's all. I could really care less just think it might be a wrong direction. Just an opinion. And I will not sit on my hands. No way!

They're merely consolidating multiple big box product lines under the umbrella of a single and more widely appreciated product line. So there's a few low end Reference models trickling out now - which have already existed (the RF-10, really). They've already stated multiple times that there's more to come and it appears to be related to the high end Reference models. They may or may not take design cues from other lines. They may or may not have impressive specs. They may or may not sound like ***. In any case, there's not enough data to make an informed opinion. So what exactly is the problem?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Scrappy I did not expect you to even consider anything new with what you have.

Just never did get why anyone would replace one of the top RF's for a new model, considering the cost difference from switching compared to smaller gains to ME is does not make sense with everything else out there.

If you think about it the top RF's have not had any big breakthroughs since around back in the Rf-3 days when they did get much bigger and more powerful.

I know big can be taken many different ways but with all of them behind a curtain, many couldn't pick the top sound constantly from version to version.

I am cheap I want to hear a difference that makes me feel it's a huge jump in sound quality that anyone listening could hear.

I started with Synergy then to forte ll's and Cornwalls then on to MWM/402 huge differences.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

They're merely consolidating multiple big box product lines under the umbrella of a single and more widely appreciated product line. So there's a few low end Reference models trickling out now - which have already existed (the RF-10, really). They've already stated multiple times that there's more to come and it appears to be related to the high end Reference models. They may or may not take design cues from other lines. They may or may not have impressive specs. They may or may not sound like ***. In any case, there's not enough data to make an informed opinion. So what exactly is the problem?

ok you and I are looking at it from different perspectives. That's all. No problem at all. Like I said I'm good. I have plenty of speakers around the house and even have some In storage. I'm golden

At least they didn't slop glue all over the crossovers this time.

It makes me think the Original RF-7s were the last "upgrade" to what they replaced....Of course, that's my 2 cents and it seems that Klipsch later speakers do seem to compete well at the various price points.

Edited by tkdamerica

Keep in mind that this DOES NOT REPLACE THE CURRENT REFERENCE II LINE. More announcements to come. Let's not pass judgement during transition periods. :)

re: your avatar - That's FORUM queen, not FORMER queen! LOL

Even after the president is no longer in office, he is still properly addressed as "Mr. President."

You may keep the tiara, and you will always be loved and cherished by the denizens here. :)

• Like 1

Keep in mind that this DOES NOT REPLACE THE CURRENT REFERENCE II LINE. More announcements to come. Let's not pass judgement during transition periods. :)

Yes, and especially from those who just look at photos and not heard them yet. The really sound good, especially for the money. The copper color is a Klipsch tradition, so what if it's used in more than one line? JBL had white woofers in the 70's and 80's, and that made their speakers immediately recognizable.

Oh I am done as well just don't get where they are going with this at all. And Thaddeus I ain't digging for anything as I am set on speakers. I was just pointing out the "new" stuff looks like old stuff with new colors. That's all. I could really care less just think it might be a wrong direction. Just an opinion. And I will not sit on my hands. No way!

But of couse, all the improvements have been made in the INTERNALS, IOW, the drivers.

When I went to Axpona, 99% of the speakers were overpriced direct radiators and there were only 3 systems using horns. Only 2 using ALL horns. So I would just as easily flush all of them since they were all similar in that sense, but they all sounded different. BTW one of the best sounding ones were also one of the least expensive ones, Open Baffle with two Eminence 15's, top woofer having also a Co Axial Horn tweeter, but I digress.

You gotta hear them in the right ROOM before you make up your mind.

This is funny, it's not like there has been any major breakthroughs in audio to amount to huge changes.

I am in the same camp with you dtel, I doubt if the new line with sound night a day different than the current line. I will just wait to see the comeplete new line but, will most likely keep what I have, lol. One thing for sure, there should be no lower or upper level Reference speakers.

Edited by derrickdj1