New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

Yep there is no way in h3ll I'm getting rid of the 7II's whatever the upper new line of Klipsch looks and sounds like. More than likely they won't be going anywhere for a long long time.

True that. Plus many people are still using their original rf-7's, 83's, and so on and are still pleased with them.
  • Like 1

Have anyone tried to search them on e-net? Looks like they are available for sale in EU and Asia only. Is it possible that these speakers intended for EU market only?

All newer Klipsch speaker I've ever heard of or seen in Europe were made in China, but even Chinese made Reference speakers are very unaffordable and due to that reason are not really popular in EU, so is it possible that Klipsch is trying to popularize Reference by making this “cheaper” and more affordable reference for EU market? Fairrly cheap Icon cabinets + Reference drivers for a better sound = cheaper and more popular Reference for EU?

Edited by dimanata2007

• Moderators
Is it possible that these speakers intended for EU market only?

These will be available worldwide.

I can't stress enough to sit tight and let things unfold. Exciting things are coming! And I wouldn't say that unless I mean it, since I'm leaving and all :)

These will be available worldwide.

I can't stress enough to sit tight and let things unfold. Exciting things are coming! And I wouldn't say that unless I mean it, since I'm leaving and all :)

please take plenty of pictures BEFORE LEAVING.

• Moderators
I can't stress enough to sit tight and let things unfold. Exciting things are coming!

I really wish I could tell you all about the new exciting changes....but I can't.

And I wouldn't say that unless I mean it, since I'm leaving and all

Was that said in jest or are you indeed leaving?

Color me not impressed. I like the cones and the gold tells you reference right away, but there is no need to update the synergy and icon series if they would just bring back the x series rvx-54 and updated them...

Klipsch, don't get lazy with your product design. You are a premium speaker designer, I understand the need to capture market share with entry level speakers. Just don't slap gold cones on your icons and call them reference. You guys are so much better than that...

I'll wait and see, but I think combining everything into a single Reference line confuses the consumer and waters down the prestige of the current Reference II offerings, especially if the Ref II replacements are called Reference also: "Why should I buy these RF-82IIs when I can get those new Reference R-28Fs, also with 8" woofers, for less. I mean, they're all References, right?"

We enthusiasts will understand the differences, but will J6P?

I'm with Scrappy on this one, but hopefully the strategy will be clear in time. It's of little consequence to me anyway since I just finished building out my 2x RF-7II / RC-64II / 4x RS-62II / 2x RB-81II system. :)

Edited by Schwa

Klipsch needs to upgrade their new line up on their website especially if they are already available at Best Buy.

They aren't actually available at Best Buy yet. Best Buy just put up some preliminary product pages. When we have all the materials, including lifestyle shots, we'll fire them up there on our end.

I'll wait and see, but I think combining everything into a single Reference line confuses the consumer and waters down the prestige of the current Reference II offerings, especially if the Ref II replacements are called Reference also: "Why should I buy these RF-82IIs when I can get those new Reference R-28Fs, also with 8" woofers, for less. I mean, they're all References, right?"

We enthusiasts will understand the differences, but will J6P?

I'm with Scrappy on this one, but hopefully the strategy will be clear in time. It's of little consequence to me anyway since I just finished building out my 2x RF-7II / RC-64II / 4x RS-62II / 2x RB-81II system. :)

There will be some changes in naming that will make everything fit into place. Don't you worry.