Eliptrac?

Arash

I'd like to have my own Eliptrac horns but as you probably know, I'm from Iran (area 59 of mid-east!) and I can't buy things from US. actually I can but the seller can't ship them to me! I never got into eliptrac detail but I think it's built using CNC machines slices. I got a good CNC router in my workshop and I thought why not build my pair but I think eliptrac is a commercial design, but then again I thought the seller might be kind enough to take some money and help me here to build it. he would have his money, I would have the horns. I don't know who should I refer to? who is the guy who sells eliptrac?

isn't there any free-to-use calculator for elliptical tractrix horns?

Edited by Arash

Why would you think that it would be legal to sell plans or technical expertise to Iran, when you could not be sold the finished item? By the way, it is not the shipping that is prohibited, it is the sale of " goods, services, or technology." 31 CFR Part 560. Recently ,Sony was charged with violating this provision by selling equipment to a third party vendor in a non-US country for resale to Iran. Ca

Just be careful Gethover.

Why would you think that it would be legal to sell plans or technical expertise to Iran, when you could not be sold the finished item? By the way, it is not the shipping that is prohibited, it is the sale of " goods, services, or technology." 31 CFR Part 560. Recently ,Sony was charged with violating this provision by selling equipment to a third party vendor in a non-US country for resale to Iran. Ca

I don't think what you called "plan" is categorized as "goods, services or technology"! "goods" mean "physical" commercial products! service is clear as vodka needless to explain. technology?! are you freakin' kidding me?! what kind of hi-technology laid behind a wooden part looking like a light shed or hand-washing sink?! come on man! let's not to be more catholic than pop! :) on the other hand, I really do not wan anybody get into trouble because I want to hear the difference in sound!

"Except as otherwise authorized pursuant to this part, including § 560.511, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to May 7, 1995, the exportation, reexportation, sale, or supply, directly or indirectly, from the United States, or by a United States person, wherever located, of ANY goods, technology, or services to Iran or the Government of Iran is prohibited, including the exportation, reexportation, sale, or supply of Any goods, technology, or services to a person in a third country undertaken with knowledge or reason to know that:"

Notice the word ANY in the law, direct copy and paste from the site............................so yes even though it is only tech for a wooden horn. It would be a violation of the law and certainly not worth the risk or consequences

The law withstanding if I were Dave I would not do what you ask if it were legal, You must realize all the time, effort and money put into developing such a product, to then sell the plans would be akin to cutting ones own throat. What is to stop the buyer of the plans from setting up shop and selling horns ??

All that said I go to google and type in "How do I build an audio horn" and literally dozens of sites / threads pop up

Edited by joessportster

Arash... one day all of this will change. You've already built some way cool equipment. I would think you could figure this out, as it is mostly a tractrix flare.

Bruce

• Like 2

OP... you have a cnc machine there... can't you just draw the plans and digitize the rings your self? when I look at the physical layout it's relatively simplistic and very straight forward once you decide on a dispersion pattern.

there perhaps is even a different pattern you can develop that might be better.

• Like 1

I don't think what you called "plan" is categorized as "goods, services or technology"! "goods" mean "physical" commercial products! service is clear as vodka needless to explain. technology?! are you freakin' kidding me?! what kind of hi-technology laid behind a wooden part looking like a light shed or hand-washing sink?! come on man! let's not to be more catholic than pop! :) on the other hand, I really do not wan anybody get into trouble because I want to hear the difference in sound!

I believe that you are incorrect and the penalties for an American business or citizen are substantial.

Edited by eth2

Arash, we Americans are very sensitive to the fact that your country treats violations of the law very seriously, and sometimes with deadly consequences.

You are getting PROFESSIONAL advice from your friends on this board, who are doing nothing except looking out for your best interests.

My advice is learn who to trust, and do not take take the advice lightly.

• Like 1

Arash... one day all of this will change. You've already built some way cool equipment. I would think you could figure this out, as it is mostly a tractrix flare.

Bruce

yeah that's for sure. I know it's a tractrix. I've made some rectangular and spherical tractrix horns already but never did about elliptical. I'll take a look.

thanks,

OP... you have a cnc machine there... can't you just draw the plans and digitize the rings your self? when I look at the physical layout it's relatively simplistic and very straight forward once you decide on a dispersion pattern.

there perhaps is even a different pattern you can develop that might be better.

for sure I can but I thought why not to have what many other Klipschophiles have! it's a matter of less important to me. I'm working on it. maybe it turns out something more sinister than before.

Arash, we Americans are very sensitive to the fact that your country treats violations of the law very seriously, and sometimes with deadly consequences.

You are getting PROFESSIONAL advice from your friends on this board, who are doing nothing except looking out for your best interests.

My advice is learn who to trust, and do not take take the advice lightly.

I do agree. if you nice American people can comprehend that there is millions light year distance between Iranian people and Iran's totalitarian regime, it would be great and makes me feel far better than listening to an ultimate horn speaker! :lol: you'll be amazed if I tell that I know a lot more about US history than Iran's past 37 years diabolical history! I still feel pain and drop tears when I watch 9/11 videos on youtube, I can feel American dream ;) I hope Geneva negotiations will work something out and outside world won't look down at us anymore as if we are in pursuit of nuclear weapon.

• Like 2