New to HT setup, own KF-28 towers, need a 5.1 receiver

keysersoze

I am finishing my basement and last black Friday I purchased a pair of KF-28 tower speakers. I will be using a 12" Polk audio sub that I also already own. I need one in-ceiling center, and two in-ceiling speakers for surround. The area is about 12' x 24.

The center speaker I am looking at getting is the Klipsch CDT 2800-C II

The surrounds I am looking at getting are the Klipsch R-1800-C

I'm looking for a 5.1 receiver that will drive this well. It would be nice if it had the ability to connect to IOS devices.

What would be a good option?

Is my configuration decent?

Thanks so much in advance.

First off welcome.

I don't have any experience with in walls or in ceilings in a home setting. I have hear some Klipsch reference in walls at a store and wasn't very impressed. I highly recommend going with the traditional matching center (kc-25) at least. You could swing in ceilings rears just fine but I don't imagine using as a center is a good option at all. I'd probably run no center vs in ceiling.

As far as receivers go I am a fan of denon. A 1713 would do the job. It's got audyssey xt. Airplay. Hdmi pass through and tons of other goodies. Newer version of it is the x1000. But you can find 1713's still. Also could save a few bucks by going refurb from accesories4less.

• Like 2

Keysersoze, first, I love the name and what a great movie....

Check out Bose 791's, which can also be heard at most BestBuy stores, etc. They have a crisp sound and good mids and base.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/speakers/stereo_speakers/791_speakers/index.jsp

I love their customer service, warranty which is above most and their quality is as good as some of my klipsch speakers. They also offer a 12 month no interest program to purchase direct from them.... Check em out, you'll agree that they sound great and worth every cent. I'm sure many higher end units will sound better but these are great ones too.

Keysersoze, first, I love the name and what a great movie....

Check out Bose 791's, which can also be heard at most BestBuy stores, etc. They have a crisp sound and good mids and base.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/speakers/stereo_speakers/791_speakers/index.jsp

I love their customer service, warranty which is above most and their quality is as good as some of my klipsch speakers. They also offer a 12 month no interest program to purchase direct from them.... Check em out, you'll agree that they sound great and worth every cent. I'm sure many higher end units will sound better but these are great ones too.

Sounds awful like a Bose advertisement to me...

Scrappy

I couldn't imagine a better way to go from an advanced member to a forum veteran .Lol

Keysersoze

I think Scrappy is right on. I can't imagine an in ceiling center working well. The rears would be "OK"

Leesburg Monkey

Just having fun nothing personal. It was good of you to give a fellow forum member some advice BUT FYI mentioning B*S* Will get you some razzing around here :rolleyes: