Suggestions for a new sub woofer for my system

vigiano

will the sb2000 be better than the RW 12d even though it's not ported or is the SP1000 going to be enough sub. If t's not enough I would have to think about the sp2000. I could move the tv stand out further from the wall. Most of the listening is to tv and movies. I do have 2000 cd's ripped to my computer and listen to music for about an hour every day. I also have several DTS cd's and Music Dvd's that I like to listen to in surround sound so I know the SB2000 should be a big improvement in the sound for music.

I have owned both the rw12d and the sb2000. I think in total output the RW would have the edge. But the SB digs way deeper and has a better sound. I would take the sb2000 but it does cost more.

Edited by reference_head

Op I know you said your budget was 1000$, I also know you said your sub is going behind a tv so space is important, and i also know that it's going in a corner.

You have a very large room and you came here for some great advice. So here it is. If you have to wait a month, do so, you will not be sorry. Get the PC-12 plus. The plus models will be a huge step ahead of your klipsch sub and should be substantially better than the sb2000 or the pb2000. It also has a much better eq for the amp. Much more customizable for your room with which being square may come in handy. There is no question about it, this would be the direction I would go in if I was in your situation.

• Like 2

Op I know you said your budget was 1000$, I also know you said your sub is going behind a tv so space is important, and i also know that it's going in a corner. You have a very large room and you came here for some great advice. So here it is. If you have to wait a month, do so, you will not be sorry. Get the PC-12 plus. The plus models will be a huge step ahead of your klipsch sub and should be substantially better than the sb2000 or the pb2000. It also has a much better eq for the amp. Much more customizable for your room with which being square may come in handy. There is no question about it, this would be the direction I would go in if I was in your situation.

Scrappy has nailed it right in the bullseye. I did not even think about the PC-12 Plus. It would be the ideal subwoofer to fit behind a TV in a corner.

The xtra $$$ would be worth it for all reasons mentioned.

Bill

• Like 1

Scrappy has nailed it right in the bullseye
thank you sir
It would be the ideal subwoofer to fit behind a TV in a corner.
i have been in a house where the tv was in the corner and they had a pc-13 ultra tucked behind and i had zero clue it was there and i was holy cow these speakers have an insane amount of bass cause i looked around for a sub but just did now know it was there. once he told me i was brought out of the clouds that some b&w cm9's could have that amount of bass.
The xtra $$$ would be worth it
i think easily worth it. and the PEQ built into the plus and ultra models will be extremely handy in his large square room.

http://www.svsound.com/specials/outlet-specials/pc12-plus-outlet_4#.U7gRxRboYy4

here ya go. save 150 with outlet. small crack UNDER the grill. once the grill goes on you will NEVER know about it. Annnnnnd, for only 50 more you get a way better sub. also all their outlet specials are treated as new tin full 5 year unconditional warranty. just as you wanted.

• Like 1

http://www.svsound.com/specials/outlet-specials/pc12-plus-outlet_4#.U7gRxRboYy4

here ya go. save 150 with outlet. small crack UNDER the grill. once the grill goes on you will NEVER know about it. Annnnnnd, for only 50 more you get a way better sub. also all their outlet specials are treated as new tin full 5 year unconditional warranty. just as you wanted.

Dang, you beat me to the punch. :o I was just copying and pasting when I saw you were one step ahead. :P

Bill

• Like 1

I think the Plus has the edge but I definitely wouldn't say that is is substantially better than the PB2000. The PB2000 seems to be the best "bang for buck" sub that SVS offers. This was part of my reason for wanting to try it. The 45 day trial period allows you to try out a couple of sub with no penalties. Call SVS, they can point you in the right direction.

With that said, I was looking for a smaller footprint so I went with the PC-12 Plus with the plan to go with duals if one isn't enough for my room.

• Like 1

Hey Scrap are you gonna DIY cylinder style?

i doubt it. it really depends on money coming up with the new job and the wife going back to school. i am all about diy however i think it is best when you have the room for much larger subs. for example to buy a descent amp and a dayton ultimax 12 in a vented box will cost you around 5-600 after everything. and that would be a duratex finish. i would prefer the next subs in the living room to be veneered. or i like the look of the sleeved cylinders a lot as well. so it really boils down to money and how much room i have. if i have the room i'll go to taller 18" ported boxes and do magnetic grills as well as veneer them.