What is more accurate horns or cones

mdross1

Claude brought up the F-20 before i mentioned the subject in post #64, i did not bring it up.

Yes, Claude brought up the F-20 first. I was referring to your "knockoff" statement. I think Claude has some valid points.

Why clutter up the "What is more accurate hornes or cones" thread with this.

I am entitled to my opinion am i not ?

Well since bass horns must use cones as drivers.............it's still relevant because we are talking horns.

The F-20 is longer and has more cubic feet, so they are not the same low cutoff or efficiency.

Either the THT or F-20 provide lower distrortion and more powerful sub bass at higher efficiency than the save driver in a ported box. It's just more lumber and worth it.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

• 8 years later...
On 7/28/2014 at 11:41 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

That is what I would build if I could afford the drivers.

I created a flat pack of a modeled "slim" version of the refolded Gjallarhorn. I bought the drivers at a close out sale at PE. The will be done and measured this year. Sims tell me they will go down to 13 Hz. in my room.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2014 at 2:44 PM, jason str said:

The THT was designed around the Adire Tempest 15 but the driver has been discontinued.

The Dayton RSS390 is a much better driver anyways.

I'be using two of those in my BT-7 horn to replace the NOT maintenance free servo drive (belts).