KI-362

The Ki-362 has been around for at least 15 years, and perhaps longer. They are used in the Jazz Kitchen in Indy, many of the Hard Rock Cafes, and a host of other venues, including several clubs, auditoriums, and churches that I have helped install. They are, as you point out, a Chorus in commercial clothing. The HF drivers are mounted on a turntable so the cabinet can be oriented in a variety of configurations. When combined with the 684 subs, they make a terrific system.

When flown as a center cluster, the Ki-215 can be mounted between two 362's for perfect 180 degree coverage.

For an even better treat, take a look at the Ki-396. The 396 is the KPT-325 in a trapezoid cabinet. 904 lovers will appreciate the the 396 as the HF is the same as the 904HF (and 325).

The Ki-396 were used for PA at the MusicFest in Hope.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/127781-need-pics-of-ki-396/

post-14856-0-81580000-1404535164_thumb.j

Edited by bhendrix
  • Like 1

Thanks bill. Do you know the cost on the 362 for a pair in raw birch? Also do you know if they ever sold the 396?

The last MSRP I recall on the Ki-362 was $1470 each. I seem to recall the price of the 396 to be around $1800ish (+/-). I believe the 396's are available for purchase.

• Like 1

Thanks bill. Do you know the cost on the 362 for a pair in raw birch? Also do you know if they ever sold the 396?

The last MSRP I recall on the Ki-362 was $1470 each. I seem to recall the price of the 396 to be around $1800ish (+/-). I believe the 396's are available for purchase.

Are you sure they cost that much? The 396 has the same drivers as the 904 (- one 15) and is a much smaller speaker. But costs $300 more?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Note that the KI (for Installed) use a 90 degree horn, while the KP (for portable) carry a 60 degree horn. There are other differences such as cabinet depth, height, the rotatable mid/tweeter grille board, connection panel, cabinet hardware and handles.  I have 4 KP 362's for sale, there really isn't that much paint finish on them that couldn't be sanded off, although there are a few bondo plugs where someone drilled hanging hardware into them incorrectly. 

• Like 1