Mounting Klipschorns off the floor

pbriscoe

That does work, I forgot I did that a long time ago, it was so much fun anytime the cat even went on that side of the room he got a squirt. Kind of up in the air and let it fall on them, they can't figure out where it's coming from and look all around. Works on little kids also.

I tried that on my daughter and she just giggled. My wife stated "She's not a Cat."

That does work, I forgot I did that a long time ago, it was so much fun anytime the cat even went on that side of the room he got a squirt. Kind of up in the air and let it fall on them, they can't figure out where it's coming from and look all around. Works on little kids also.

I tried that on my daughter and she just giggled. My wife stated "She's not a Cat."

2 words: Super Soaker

• Like 1

I believe that when a cat is de-clawed the toe has to be removed to the joint closest to the claw. This does not allow the cat to walk properly. Kinda like having your toes cut back and having to walk on... stubby feet? Not for me to express judgement though.
No, only the claw is removed, although there are probably different ways vets will do it.

We had happy cats and they never had a problem climbing on anything, they just couldn't tear stuff up.

Also, as to the declawing of cats; HORRIBLE! They can't defend themselves without claws and the practice is utterly cruel.
Our cats never had to defend themselves from anything. Sorry you feel that way. Our cats never had a problem health wise and got around fine, even being able to climb. Their personalities (for cats) were the best we ever had.

Having cats neutered provides no benefit to the cat either, but people do that ALL the time. It is for the convenience of the owner.

I'm afraid you are wrong about de-clawing, they have to amputate the bone because that is where the claw grows from in cats. There is no other way! Consider yourself lucky that you encountered no problems, many do, and it can be totally debilitating for some cats.

Consider yourself lucky ...

In more ways than one. They were the best pets we ever had and lived such a long time. They hardly ever had to go to the vets and were very healthy. Now that I've moved and there's no more cat/dog hair in the house, we plan on keeping it that way. I still love animals, but don't want the responsibility any more.

Edited by Marvel

I believe that when a cat is de-clawed the toe has to be removed to the joint closest to the claw. This does not allow the cat to walk properly. Kinda like having your toes cut back and having to walk on... stubby feet? Not for me to express judgement though.
No, only the claw is removed, although there are probably different ways vets will do it.

We had happy cats and they never had a problem climbing on anything, they just couldn't tear stuff up.

Also, as to the declawing of cats; HORRIBLE! They can't defend themselves without claws and the practice is utterly cruel.
Our cats never had to defend themselves from anything. Sorry you feel that way. Our cats never had a problem health wise and got around fine, even being able to climb. Their personalities (for cats) were the best we ever had.

Having cats neutered provides no benefit to the cat either, but people do that ALL the time. It is for the convenience of the owner.

I'm afraid you are wrong about de-clawing, they have to amputate the bone because that is where the claw grows from in cats. There is no other way! Consider yourself lucky that you encountered no problems, many do, and it can be totally debilitating for some cats.

This was my understanding from something I read. Only as dependable as the person that wrote it.

• 2 weeks later...

I raised mine off the floor , they sit on a pedestal that mimics one side of a belle , the pedestal is loaded with 2 8 " drivers as well ..

Then if thats not enough bang for your buck , i installed a second headset as well .

Standing , sitting or running away , these k;s are chest kickers !

Click on the pic if you dare to get front and center ... lol

post-58676-0-71180000-1405976256_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have dogs and when they teethe, they'll destroy anything that's wooden. When they're older, they'll shake their heads and saliva will stain anything it hits. The only way to be sure your speakers are safe is physical separation from the animals. They're only doing what's natural to them and not being malicious. I don't let animals any where near speakers. If I did, the damage would be my fault because you know it's only a matter of time.

• Moderators
Just put your cats inside the bass bins, crank up some Bjork and they will exit and never get within 10 feet of them ever again

That works, it went in on it's own and it wasn't Bjork but same idea.

I raised mine off the floor , they sit on a pedestal that mimics one side of a belle , the pedestal is loaded with 2 8 " drivers as well ..

Then if thats not enough bang for your buck , i installed a second headset as well .

Standing , sitting or running away , these k;s are chest kickers !

Click on the pic if you dare to get front and center ... lol

attachicon.gifk's 007.jpg

Awesome pic man!