RSW10D No Power-Help

acss65

Hello, I noticed last night my display was flickering on my sub I turned it off and back on a few times now it won't power at all.

Can anyone help me with the steps I need to take to troubleshoot my sub?

Thanks Allen

Uhhg, just went trough nearly the same thing. I bought an RW-12d from Craigslist in non-working condition. All said and done, I ended up just replacing the amplifier. Link below is what I used.

http://www.parts-express.com/bash-300s-digital-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-300w-rms--300-750

Unfortunately, the sale has ended. Picked mine up for a mere $125. This little amp gets very good reviews and myself am quite impressed with its performance. Had to do some minor alterations to fit. For the most part, just cut, glue and clamp one small piece of wood to fill a void.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum

♪ ♫ ♪

Uhhg, just went trough nearly the same thing. I bought an RW-12d from Craigslist in non-working condition. All said and done, I ended up just replacing the amplifier. Link below is what I used.

I knew from your earlier post you had done that. How does the new Bash amp compare to the OEM Bash amp you took out? Was the new one more robust, larger cooling fins, etc.?

How does the new Bash amp compare to the OEM Bash amp

Well, I never got a chance to audition the RW-12D in its OEM state. The amp was fried when I got it. From the reviews I have read, it is a quality replacement. Some have written that the Bash 300S is actually an upgrade from the stock amp.

That said, I can only compare it to the Paradigm PW2200 that I have been running for several years now. I consider the Paradigm a fine piece. I have been more than happy with its capability as it has certainly been put through its paces. Now, I am running dual subs (one on each side of couch) and literally have a side by side comparison.

Unfortunately, I must be respectful of thy neighbors. Only pushing the sub to its limits a couple of very short times, inhibiting my critique. I can say this, I do like the RW-12 (no longer D). The 300 watt Bash amp certainly keeps up with the 450 watt Paradigm. Not only keeps up but it digs deeper and has a more "musical" quality.

There are so many variables to overcome/account for. However, the Bash 300S certainly gets my two thumbs up :emotion-21:

...just waiting for that one neighbor to go somewhere :ph34r:

Edited by Matt 1970

How does the new Bash amp compare to the OEM Bash amp

Well, I never got a chance to audition the RW-12D in its OEM state. The amp was fried when I got it. From the reviews I have read, it is a quality replacement. Some have written that the Bash 300S is actually an upgrade from the stock amp.

(snip)

Unfortunately, I must be respectful of thy neighbors. Only pushing the sub to its limits a couple of very short times so far inhibits my critique. I can say this, I do like the RW-12 (no longer D). The 300 watt Bash amp also certainly keeps up with the 450 watt Paradigm. Not only keeps up but it digs deeper and has a more musical quality.

There are so many variables to overcome/account for. However, the Bash 300S certainly gets my two thumbs up :emotion-21:

Thanks for the quick answer!

Even though the name "Bash" is the same, I was wondering about build quality, size of the unit, just in general wondering if OEM was as robustly build as the retail version. I knew you couldn't A/B compare, but your description is good enough to know that it is a capable performer. I like mine as well.

I do have the "D" version, but I set it once and forget it, so there is no practical use for the digital settings, for it the way I use it. I thought it was a feature I needed, but as with most "features" what you think you WANT is not always needed.

And a last FYI for you, at the end of its production run last year, a LOT of RW-12 d's had the port come loose. If you hear some rattling inside the unit while playing loud, that can be easily fixed with some minor gluing. Just Google it, and you'll find more specific help on fixing it if you need it.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

And a last FYI for you, at the end of its production run last year, a LOT of RW-12 d's had the port come loose. If you hear some rattling inside the unit while playing loud, that can be easily fixed with some minor gluing. Just Google it, and you'll find more specific help on fixing it if you need it.

Very good & thank you :)

I did hear a little rattling but have not investigated...

♪ ♫ ♪