KPT-1201-T2 vs RS-62ii

Heritage_Head

I have no experience with the 1201s. They run the bigger 1.75" horn driver and would fit perfect in the space the 62s are in. But the 62s are very nice and would not be interested in changing if this was not an upgrade. The out of pocket would be very small with the sale of the 62s (around 150). All info is very welcome thanks.

I never heard the speakers head to head in question but, make it an all Cinema line theater if the cost is only $150.

That was my thought also. My only concern is that my side speakers are only 5-6ft away. I just wonder if the RS would be a better style with that in mind. The 1201s are pretty beefy compared to the 62s. And that bigger horn has me very interested. My price list is a little old so waiting to hear back from Spencer for a quote.

I'd go with the cinema line for sure...out of interest, are you biamping the 904's?

No I'm running the xo that came with them. Do you bi amp yours?

No, i have the xovers from the KPT4350MS on mine KPT435's.

I'd go with the cinema line for sure...out of interest, are you biamping the 904's?

No I'm running the xo that came with them. Do you bi amp yours?

No, i have the xovers from the KPT4350MS on mine KPT435's.

I see. Probably very similar other than the added tweet I would guess. Pretty happy with the stock xo.

Man I though about them but the 8" version I think is plenty. I have had mine screamin at 5-10 over reference and the 8's keep up just fine. I'd save the money and do kpt-8vb for sides and kpt 8001 for rears. Think we should have matching setups minus subs. I think I'm getting ready to transition into a whole new sub project.

I was worried first at having smaller 8-inch speakers as rear surround, but the KPT-100 impressed me quite a bit. I listen to them in stereo for a bit and they did well!

The VB design might be good for you if you like RS.

reference_head there was a guy who brought some gear from you saying how nice/aweseome the Cinema setup was. The RS 62's are great but, the VB speakers should be great to complete the Theater.

Edited by derrickdj1

Those are sick looking! 42 lbs each wow! You selling the 62II's then?

Yes I'm going to sell them.

So the 1201 gonna be side surround or back surround?

Going to run them on the sides in place of the rs62ii.

I ordered the kpt-1201s today. Should be fun to see how they compare.

This is going to be good, I think your going to be surprised again. Great choice

Pretty excited to see :)

He is going for a world-class HT for sure!

lol thanks