KPT-1201-T2 vs RS-62ii

Heritage_Head

I mounted a piece of 1/2" birch plywood on the back, and mounted the plywood to the wall using thin metal french cleats. My terminal cap is on the top rather than the back so i didn't need to leave room for that.

Another, more secure option, is the snap toggler I found at Lowes, especially if no studs are available for attached behind the desired hanging location. The 3/16"-24 toggler will support 238 pounds in 1/2" drywall. The 3/16" bolt slips nicely through the 1/4"-24 threaded insert in the back of the speaker.

Remove the woofer, locate the top two 1/4" threaded inserts on the wall, drill 1/2" holes in drywall for togglers, mount togglers in drywall, insert 3/16"-24 bolts with fender washer through inside of speaker into togglers, install woofer.

1" diameter round felt or rubber pads can be mounted on the four back corners of the speaker to provide a bit of stand-off for the wire.

http://www.toggler.com/products/snaptoggle/installation.php

post-14856-0-38820000-1405099559_thumb.j

Edited by bhendrix

Bill thanks for two great ideas that will both work perfect in my set up. I think the first one would be the way to go. Or a key hole added to back of speaker like the RS have on them should also work.

I just got the tracking # . They will be here tuesday. I hope they have the xo in them this time :rolleyes: