KPT-1201-T2 vs RS-62ii

Heritage_Head

So we watched a movie last night with one 1201 and one 62ii. The best example I can give to compare them is when somthing goes from the front to the back (like a car driving by).The size of the sound gets a little smaller as it goes from front to back. With the 1201s the sound stays large and crisp. Also from the other side of the couch I can hear the farther away 1201 better than I could have before. I cant wait to get the other one going (should be here this wed). Its hard to give a review with just one. But so far im seeing some of the same differences as I experienced with the front 3 upgrade. Huge effortless sound.

• Like 1

Sooooo how do they sound compared to the 62s? Great movie btw

Need to watch a few more movies to give a good comparison. But one thing I hear right away is the 1.75 horn driver. Really smooth like going from the smaller horn drivers in the reference line up to the 1.75 in the rf7ii. I always thought it would be cool if they offered the matching driver in the 62ii.

Congratulations!!!!!

They look really mouth-watering good!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

What made you go with these Vs. the New KPT-1200-M/KPT-1260-H/KPT-1200-VBM Klipsch announced in March?

I've been able to find but little info on the new ones.

Did find info on the still available predecessor KPT-12-VB

The 12-VB would have worked for sure but costed more than I wanted to spend. The smaller VB was in my price range but had the smaller 1" drivers in them. The new stuff has no info on them (that I could find).

Cant buy them from klipsch. Only from a dealer who can get the pro line. If you need any info let me know. The place I went with have great prices and really good cs. Yes both my orders got F.. up. But one was on klipsch and the other was on ups. I must have 20 emails from Spencer after I told him my speaker was DOA keeping me updated. Good stuff.

Edited by reference_head

• 2 weeks later...

I dont miss the wdst at all. These are really nice. One negative on them if I have to nitpick would be if the sq of the surround tracks are junk. Its right in your face as junk. The 62ii hide more and are not as revealing on the bad surround tracks. These are a better match for the 904s and sound a lot like my Heresys. When I play ext stereo for music they really shine over the rs62ii. Music isnt even close. Huge upgade for that. Movies is closer than music but its still a nice upgrade. Bigger,cleaner, smoother and more effortless (how many times have you read that :) )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the surrounds! As far as Klipsch and their sensitivity ratings I don't know why they fudge the numbers on the non-pro stuff. On the pro line however, I don't think they can get away with stuff like that. If a venue is designing a huge sound system I'd think the numbers better jive right when the engineers start testing them lol. I will join you guys in the pro line soon! I've been running RF-7's for far too long, while they are great, they don't offer that huge sound I am looking for. I want to knock the socks off of anyone that enters my theater room! 

• Like 2

I really like the surrounds! As far as Klipsch and their sensitivity ratings I don't know why they fudge the numbers on the non-pro stuff. On the pro line however, I don't think they can get away with stuff like that. If a venue is designing a huge sound system I'd think the numbers better jive right when the engineers start testing them lol. I will join you guys in the pro line soon! I've been running RF-7's for far too long, while they are great, they don't offer that huge sound I am looking for. I want to knock the socks off of anyone that enters my theater room! 

I think you will be pretty happy with that move.