KPT-1201-T2 vs RS-62ii

Heritage_Head

• Moderators
Bigger,cleaner, smoother and more effortless (how many times have you read that )

But knowing it's the truth hearing it never get's old.  :emotion-55:

Glad it's sounding good, I didn't have any doubts really.

VERY nice looking picture :emotion-21:

If I could ever convince my wife to get rid of the forte ll's ( not going to happen) for HT I would use those for rears with the MWM's as mains, my only problem would be a center.

I was thinking about maybe getting another set of heresys and putting them on stands for the rears (in place of the rb61ii). Any thoughts on how they would mix? I guess I could bring mine down and try it out. But Im going to have to tweak the stands to fit them. Might just be cheaper to get new pro speakers.

I was thinking about maybe getting another set of heresys and putting them on stands for the rears (in place of the rb61ii). Any thoughts on how they would mix? I guess I could bring mine down and try it out. But Im going to have to tweak the stands to fit them. Might just be cheaper to get new pro speakers.

I do the reverse and have Heresy II on the sides and pro as rears.  Works for me. 

I was thinking about maybe getting another set of heresys and putting them on stands for the rears (in place of the rb61ii). Any thoughts on how they would mix? I guess I could bring mine down and try it out. But Im going to have to tweak the stands to fit them. Might just be cheaper to get new pro speakers.

why not another set of 1201 to have pro all around?

I do the reverse and have Heresy II on the sides and pro as rears.  Works for me.

I was thinking about maybe getting another set of heresys and putting them on stands for the rears (in place of the rb61ii). Any thoughts on how they would mix? I guess I could bring mine down and try it out. But Im going to have to tweak the stands to fit them. Might just be cheaper to get new pro speakers.

why not another set of 1201 to have pro all around?
The rear speakers will have to be on stands. So if I got 2 more 1201s they would be laid on the side. That would work but idk if I like that. The heresy 3 has the same 12" driver as the 1201. So I think these must be somewhat close. I was looking at other pro speakers that would fit.I found a few that I need to get a price on. If its not to much I will go with the pro line. But if a cheap pair of heresys pop up who knows.

• 1 year later...

Curious to hear the long term review of these compared to the 62.  I need to do something else with my surrounds, plus need to lower them for Atmos.  Debating between some black Heresy, these guys, some towers, or giving up and going with some in-walls.  The x-curve implementation makes me curious about these, whether the highs are tamed a bit, which would be a good thing in my opinion.  The enclosure isn't exactly the sexiest for home use though, plus mounting lower for Atmos use while having a down-firing speaker doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Curious to hear the long term review of these compared to the 62.  I need to do something else with my surrounds, plus need to lower them for Atmos.  Debating between some black Heresy, these guys, some towers, or giving up and going with some in-walls.  The x-curve implementation makes me curious about these, whether the highs are tamed a bit, which would be a good thing in my opinion.  The enclosure isn't exactly the sexiest for home use though, plus mounting lower for Atmos use while having a down-firing speaker doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.  

bet you he will tell you they smoke the rs-62ii's in every single aspect. when i asked him he basically said before he switched when a car or something similar would go from the very "large sounding 904's (which you just heard) would zoom by it would sound smaller, less full. when he made the switch the 12" woofer and the 1.75" CD maintained the large sound coming from the 904's. 

me personally i think it would be way overkill to have these with your front stage. having larger more capable surrounds than your mains wouldnt make much sense. not the 8060 or 8000 would be PLENTY.  user form ditched his rb-75's which are highly regarded for his kpt-8060's. take that for whats it worth.