FS: McIntosh C2200- SOLD!

jwc

McIntosh C2200.

I'm not the original owner. I bought this unit I believe about 4 years ago off Audiogon. The individual I bought this from stated he had it for only a short period of time as he acquired this from somebody else. Therefore, he couldn't tell me how many hours were on the existing tubes but did tell me they were the original McIntosh tubes. He did let me know there were some minor cosmetic flaws but the unit was 100% functional.

The unit came with the original box, Remote and power cord. He was right, very minor cosmetic flaws. The unit sounded great. However, I noticed that the two channels seemed unbalanced by a small margin and I adjusted the balance slightly to satisfy my ears. Used the unit for about a year with happiness.

I sold my house and the C2200 went back into the box while I was in a rental. Sadly I've gone about 1 1/2 years w/o a stereo. It suked.

During this time I thought it would be wise to send it to Audioclassics for a look over. Plus they could look into the balance issue. Just before I shipped it off, I got the bright idea to pull the original tubes out and put in new ones. I picked the Tung Sol and Jan Phillips I believe. Got them from tubedepot.com as matched, tested and such. A total of 8 tubes. I just wanted something matched. Hooked it up and it seemed balanced and clean.

Boxed it back up and sent to Audioclassics. Got the LED installed by them. I asked them to check the balance and Ryan called me to tell me there was no balance issue. Infact, the unit functioned fine. They did their usual cleaning and I asked them to do whatever they do to update/check the unit. The cost was $633 w/o the cost of shipping. The unit has the same tubes I put in and has less than 75 hours on them. Ryan stated there wasn't no issues with the tubes I put in. The receipt is from 12/2012. I have it still to show. I don't know what I did with the original tubes. If I can find them after I unload more boxes, I send them to you for free......but do believe there was a "tube issue". I can't guarantee I'll find them.

The description of the unit by them says "scratched". Well, there are some small blemishes that I will show and describe when I get the photos all up. There is nothing on the front as it looks great. These flaws are small and you would have to get right up to it to see them.

I've finally got in my new place and have all the system hooked up, although it is still a mess. I don't have a new TV. I'm in need for a new DAC. I've decided to do the all DAC/Preamp as one unit again like I did before with the MDA1K. I might even do an HT preamp....although this will be hard for me to commit to. So I'm gonna let the unit go. I'm sure my tastes down the road will push me for the change to add another dedicated preamp.

The photos placed tonight is to show the unit powered up in the very bright room. Just wanted to give an idea what the new LED lighting looks like and show that it looks even. I can't show it but the "needles" on the meters move in an "even" fashion. The lighting on my MC1201's are also recently LED placement by Audioclassics.

In this lighted room, pictures make the "coloring" of the front look shaded in areas or uneven. I will assure you this isn't the case. Again the front looks good.

I'm disappointed that I can't seem to show an image with the lighting being crisp and Blue. These pictures to me look like the "input selection" and "volume number" are "fuzzy". It isn't the case. They are crisp. The lighting on this unit is even and crisp blue.

There are 3 small flaws that I did my best to show.

1: The back edge of the black metal on the faceplate has a small nick that you can't see but in one photo. It is hard to see but it is there. You have to get up close to the unit to notice.

2: Right faceplate silver border on the side has a small scratch that I couldn't get to show in the picture very well. It is there. You have to get up close to the unit to notice.

3: Middle of the top around the vent. small scratches.

There is a bunch of other little white "things" that show in the photos that are dust on the top.

I didn't "clean" the dust off much for the photos.

$2800 shipped/insured in CONUS with a mailed check cleared or Paypal plus 3%. Original Box, remote and power cord included. The remote is in good condition with no bad flaws that I can remember.

post-14392-0-45700000-1404786268_thumb.j

post-14392-0-29900000-1404786279_thumb.j

post-14392-0-15820000-1404786289_thumb.j

post-14392-0-68180000-1404786303_thumb.j

post-14392-0-06820000-1404786316_thumb.j

post-14392-0-54660000-1404786329_thumb.j

post-14392-0-66940000-1404786340_thumb.j

post-14392-0-21500000-1404786351_thumb.j

post-14392-0-04140000-1404786362_thumb.j

post-14392-0-27500000-1404786372_thumb.j

Edited by jwc

• Moderators

Now that's how you make a for sale ad! I love the full disclosure and all the pictures. That's a beautiful preamp. Good luck with your sale

TOTALLY AGREE! Fantastic looking unit and incredible detail in the ad. So who is ready to pick up this beauty?