WTB: Klipsch Chorus II, Forte II, Cornwalls, KLF30, or CF4

avguytx

Ok, I think that about covers them all! Ha. I live in central Arkansas and will travel a decent distance for a pair. I've owned La Scala's (in 79), a set of 78 Khorns in 2006 but had no corners in living room, a pair of Quartets for a short time, and at least 4 pairs of Heresy's (originals and 2's) but have not had a pair of the above listed. I've heard some of them through the years but I'm ready for another pair. I have a decent size living room (only one 90 degree corner) and a few amps to choose from including two rebuilt console tube amps (Magnavox and Stromburg Carlson...both EL84) and a Carver M-1.0t MkII (now about 450wpc and sounds unreal. My preamp is a completely rebuilt Carver C-1 that's had all of the major caps, resistors, and IC's replaced plus upgraded phono section, all new and better RCA connections, and I added remote control to it. This pre is dead *** quiet.

So, I'm in search of a larger pair of Klipsch speakers as I miss the sound and dynamics. I currently use a pair of rebuilt Polk Audio SDA 2's and Norman Lab Model 9's plus own a pair of JBL L100t's, Infinity RSIIIa's and Quantum 3's. Plus Dynaco A25's, Celestion Ditton 44's, Genesis G10's and some other smaller speakers.

Sorry for the ramble. But if anyone has some, or knows of some, please let me know. Thanks!.

Edited by avguytx

I have a set of beautiful walnut forte I'd let go of. Absolutely pristine cabinets, I just picked them up from an old Klipsch employee where they sat in one place since new. Also a pair of raw oak original Chorus, never played, from a collector. Those are NIB. In Indianapolis. I"m sure we could find a pony express down to AR.

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 2

I may end up with either a pair of CF-3's or KLF-20's if this weekend pans out. The Cornwalls that are local to me are $900 (listed at $1295) and I still have a rough time with that. I can get either of the other two models for a little over half of that price and would be just as happy most likely. It's a 12 hour round trip drive but that's no biggie although 2 hours would be nicer. I swear, nothing comes up in this state. There's a pair of KLF-10's that have had their cabinets rebuilt and they've dropped from $400 down to $250. If they drop much more, the sum of the parts will be worth more than the whole. Might be fun to tinker with.

I've talked with the guy a few times. He scours the surrounding states and picks up gear then resells for what appears to be a good additional price. Too much for me. Can get those black Cornwalls for $900 but still not where I want to be. He has a load of Mac and Klipsch typically.

Yep, I've seen those. I like the La Scalas except for the lack of low end but I'd want wood veneer and not the industrial look. A rough set I could re-veneer for the right price. Plus I think I'd be sitting too close to them for them to load right in my living room. Thanks for the info.

Yep, I've seen those. I like the La Scalas except for the lack of low end but I'd want wood veneer and not the industrial look. A rough set I could re-veneer for the right price. Plus I think I'd be sitting too close to them for them to load right in my living room. Thanks for the info.

Where you located?