END OF THE WORLD!

DPonder

O.K. it's not the end of the world but after hours of listening to countless CD's I have discovered that 2 drivers of the CF4's I recently acquired are blown. They only reveal themselves on two places of music. The passages are very low freq. and challenging. I have switched one driver from one cabinet to another and the same drivers have the same response, hence the drivers are blown. So can I buy replacement drivers from KLIPSCH or from do I have to order them from a dealer?

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

Klipsch is very easy to work with directly. Your damaged drivers probably can be reconed for less money. When you talk to Matt or Trey ask about that and ask about exchanging your damaged ones for a pair that are already reconed, like the auto parts store does.

John

If the drivers only show a problem on a couple of extremely demanding bass passages, are they blown? Not certain they are. Perhaps you are just exceeding their capability.

If you order new drivers, be adivsed there were a few different versions of the Epic model and different woofers were used. Perhaps you have mixed woofer in the pair you purchased.

No I had this problem with my CF3's ages ago. The serial numbers are concurrent and I have done some pretty extensive tests. They are blown. The sound is not of a driver reaching it's limit but more of a popping sound. Could almost mistake for something rattling on the wall. John I probably will just pay the 300 for new drivers.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

Yeh they said I could buy directly from them. If only they sold the cabinets too smile.gif Why do they discontinue speakers if they are good speakers. They should add more speaker lines instead of replacing. Anyone know where to buy KLIPSCH cabinets?

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300