Oh Willie, Do You Still Recognize Us?

thebes

Glad tidings in the evening news, Willie Nelson, age 82, has a top charting new album.

From what I understand he's still the road warrior, chalking up 200 nights on the road a year. No wonder one of his greatest hit is...(just hum along)

In celebration for such good news I'm about to drop the needle on his wonderful album "Always on my Mind'.

Now in looking back on his career, I'm minded to run a little poll. Problem is I don't know anything about the poll function of the forum so you'll just have to post your replies.,

Here's the question:

Willie Nelson's Fame is the result of:

1. Patsy Cline

2. Jimmy Carter

3. Trigger

4. Some Righteous Jamaican Weed

5. All of the Above

Oh about the title of the thread. If I was lucky enough to spend some time with him, I'd want to ask him that given his wanderings about the land, are we still a special people, or some pale reflection reflection of our former glory. Some sort of mass marketed nation, bereft of its uniqueness, or a wonderment still waiting to happen.

• Like 1

Good thread timing. I just home from seeing

willie and Alison Krauss in concert this evening. He is sounding his age a little and kind of recited rather than sang some of the songs. Still he is Willie Nelson, an American original. The answer to your question might be found in the lyrics to his new song "roll me up and smoke me when I die. "

It was a good night and he can still play a guitar.

I saw him a couple of weeks ago. He is still great, but he does kinda have the Bob Dylan talking blues thing going. But, he wails away on that guitar of his. Still puts on a great show and doesn't miss a beat.