hello new to klipsch with used kg 5.2's

I just picked up a pair of walnut kg 5.2 speakers for $30.00 and after listening to them feel like I just won the lotto. My other speakers are paradigm 9se mk iii, ads l1290 2, infinity crescendo 3006, jbl century l100, and b&w ddm 220. I'm really enjoying the clarity detail and imaging. They just might be my new favorites. I need to do some more side by side comparisons to confirm.

• Like 1

raise them up so the centre of the horn is at your seated ear level. Great find lucky you. buy a set of Bob Crites diaphragms for your horns super upgrade for the money. lots of other mods that you can do to make them better. best regards Moray James.

Thanks for the tips! What else can be done in addition to the Crites diaphragms? I tried to search for kg 5.2 but didn't get any results.

• Like 1

you can get a set of new capacitors from Bob Crites. If you are good with a soldering iron you can install them yourself and you can solder the crimp connections on the spade connectors. If you are good with your hands you can get some dynamat and cover the back side of the horns. If you are good with all of that there is more that you can do but best to go a few steps at a time. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1