Another Bose related thread

jason str

My neighbors Blows wave radio is making me nuts, he brings it outside for yard music. The overemphasized midbass is so sloppy and annoying i just want to throw it on the ground and stomp it dead. :emotion-14:

Am i being overdramatic or does this kind of sound bother others ears also ?

My neighbors Blows wave radio is making me nuts, he brings it outside for yard music. The overemphasized midbass is so sloppy and annoying i just want to throw it on the ground and stomp it dead. :emotion-14:

I have suffered the same. You just have to chalk it up to some people just don't care. They will spend more on a cruise than it would take to get decent sound. So it's not the money, it's just backward priorities.

• Like 1

My cousin bought his grandmother BOSE for her television audio. It was worse than pathetic. Honest story here, i thought it was the television speakers I was hearing and my brother pointed out that it was the BOSE. How do you do something like that to your own Grandmother?

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

For the preservation of peace in the neighborhood, I think you have no choice but to call the cops and report him for making too much noise.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

You then need to see this and it will relax you ( or not ) ;)

• Like 1

We bought a Sony iPod dock for the bathroom. I can't complain about it too much. It's the least-worst offender per say.

However, the only way I can listen to it is corner loaded (as it was designed for), at low level, and with every bass-enhancing feature turned off.

I even go so far as to run the "bass reducer" profile on the iPod's EQ...but even then, it's still as bloated as all get out with a "one-note" characteristic at even moderate volume that can simply punch through the walls like Thor's hammer.

FWIW, all Bose integrated systems (from the home stereos, docks, automobiles, whatever) have that characteristic blown out sound.

I would certainly agree that coming from horns, it's a particularly annoying quality, at best.

• Like 1