Little bit of a conundrum. Need new set of surrounds.

m00n

So, as SOME of you may recall from YEARS back, I had 3 RF7s up front and I was running 4 RC7s for my surrounds and a single RC7 for my rear. Enter divorce.

I am now restricted to a rather large bedroom for my home theater. I can still fit all 3 RF7s up front, but am really limited for space on my surrounds. The problem I am running up against with my surrounds is that the RC7s are rear ported, plus they are heavy. Not sure I want to try and monkey rig them up on the walls. Plus, this is not my house anyway. SO....

I was thinking about getting a set of RB-81s and using those for temporary surrounds until I get back into my own house where I am once again king of the castle. Anyone have any thoughts on the timbre matching? I'm know I'm not going to get audio perfection here and that's fine... I'm in a bedroom after all.

My personal thought is to not worry about timbre matching the surrounds unless / until you get a dedicated room. In my mind efficiency is more important as the surrounds have less impact on the "feel". I say this from going from a 7.1 all Belles in a designed room to current Belle fronts using contractor grade surrounds and then moving to pricey Martin Logan surrounds (both in wall variety) in a very bad room.

I have a pair of black RB-81's in near perfect condition. I say near perfect, because I can't find any flaws, but they are used, so they can't be perfect, right? I haven't put them up for sale, because they sound so great, and nice to have around, but I am not using them due to lack of space and others in use now. If you are interested, I will sell them for $500 + shipping & Paypal. If not, that's fine too. I am kind of attached to them, but my thoughts are, if someone can use them more than I am now, great. I can get another pair down the road, if my needs change. Good luck with your new digs.

tnr... Let me think about it. I'm not ready to pull the plug just yet, but your offer is intriguing. I'd probably jump on it if I didn't just buy me a new bass guitar amp. If you NEED to sell them do it... But I'd like to see how much my bonus is going to be. I should be finding out in within a week.