Klipschorns Chicago area

jimjimbo

Hi guys. I put these up in the Garage Sale thread this spring along with my Conrad Johnson tube amp & pre-amp. Haven't actively renewed or bumped them here because the consensus was 'too much'. I understand heritage speakers are priced all over the place, depending on condition, location, etc...I also know deeply discounted deals come up with folks needing to move, don't know what they have, etc... Another forum member put my CL link here, and I appreciate that. I would definitely prefer to sell them to a forum member. To cut to the chase, I had cash buyers at $3,500 and $3,000 and declined. Stupid? Maybe, or more likely not desperate and still love them, but limited space has me thinking I could be content with my Forte's. Bottom line, they are near pristine cosmetically, and sound great, They have not been upgraded...all original. I will go $3,500 to a forum member. I know that will still be too high to some,... maybe to most. I respect your opinions and pricing figures. Thanks, minermark, they are very clean. Someone will be very happy and proud to have these, as I am now, and will continue to be until they sell. That day will be bitter-sweet, kind of like when I sold my cherished boat 2 years ago, that we had for 18 years. I hated selling it, but the buyer drove all the way up from near Dallas, TX. He had been looking for a while for the right boat in pristine condition. We have kept in touch, and he has made some nice improvements. Nice to know, as opposed to some young kid who may have beat the sh*t out of it, and it end up in a marine yard full of weeds. Sorry, I digressed...damn, I miss that boat.

100_1052_zps00878eae.jpg

1982 Hammond Challenger MKII built in Austin, TX

350 Chevy 60 mph

Hi guys. I put these up in the Garage Sale thread this spring along with my Conrad Johnson tube amp & pre-amp. Haven't actively renewed or bumped them here because the consensus was 'too much'. I understand heritage speakers are priced all over the place, depending on condition, location, etc...I also know deeply discounted deals come up with folks needing to move, don't know what they have, etc... Another forum member put my CL link here, and I appreciate that. I would definitely prefer to sell them to a forum member. To cut to the chase, I had cash buyers at $3,500 and $3,000 and declined. Stupid? Maybe, or more likely not desperate and still love them, but limited space has me thinking I could be content with my Forte's. Bottom line, they are near pristine cosmetically, and sound great, They have not been upgraded...all original. I will go $3,500 to a forum member. I know that will still be too high to some,... maybe to most. I respect your opinions and pricing figures. Thanks, minermark, they are very clean. Someone will be very happy and proud to have these, as I am now, and will continue to be until they sell. That day will be bitter-sweet, kind of like when I sold my cherished boat 2 years ago, that we had for 18 years. I hated selling it, but the buyer drove all the way up from near Dallas, TX. He had been looking for a while for the right boat in pristine condition. We have kept in touch, and he has made some nice improvements. Nice to know, as opposed to some young kid who may have beat the sh*t out of it, and it end up in a marine yard full of weeds. Sorry, I digressed...damn, I miss that boat.

100_1052_zps00878eae.jpg

1982 Hammond Challenger MKII built in Austin, TX

350 Chevy 60 mph

Now that is one damm fine looking boat, personaly i would have sold the speakers, great boats are hard to find.