Klipsch CF-3 or Forte II

avguytx

Man I'm having a tough time with this. If given the choice, what's the general consensus of opinions of preference between these two models? Have any of you heard both for comparison? Same price for either, what's your preference?

The CF3 is a great speaker, the CF4 even better. I am partial to the forte II. I bought mine new in 92 and have never looked back. The CF series will give you a bit more bass, but it is still a 2 way design. There is INMHO more clarity and detail in a 3 way design. Just my thoughts. forte II would be my choice but everyone has different tastes.

PS... Many will agree that the forte II is among Klipsch's most balanced speaker.

Best regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...

years ago I had a pair of forte iis I sold them and bought a pair of legacy classics. I am now ready to go back to the heritage series. I loved the fortes and wish I could

find a pair some where close to new mexico. if you have a chance to buy fortes I would go for them. klipsch in their infinite wisdom decided not to include the fortes

in the remake of the heritage series. for me the fortes are just rite. the heresy is to small and the corn wall is probably too big. I have been listening to some older

live recordings and they just sound as live as they did on the fortes. also can anyone on the forum give me info on who I can talk to at klipsch about making the fortes

available again. after looking at the forums online I am sure a lot of them. thanks

sorry about the sibling, its tough when the young ones are sick. i am here in new mexico which is hi-fi no mans land when it comes to listening to speakers in the 2000 to 4000 dollar range.

when it comes to finding used klipsch forget it. i may have to save up for cornwalls if i want the heritage sound. but i am worried about the crossover in the 700 to 900 hertz range. where would

i go on the site to find out on the cornwalls. i had the fortes for while and i feel that with crites upgrades they would be great speakers. any help with cornwalls would be appreciated.

I am nor CW expert but it is my understanding that the CW and CW ll cross K33 to K55 at about 600 - 650 Hz. The CW lll cross at 800 Hz and at 5KH, because of the small K701 horn they cannot cross as low as the first two versions which use the physically larger K600 mid horn. I would not buy a CW lll I think the CW or CW ll would be better options for upgrade. The all ti diaphragms of the CW lll are however I think the way to go.

If you look at the Chorus ll you get a larger and better mid horn than any of the CW's and you get a smaller cabinet and you get a better woofer. I would look into the Chorus ll before I considered a CW but that's just my take on the topic. Best regards Moray James.

• 2 weeks later...