....it must be Bose - Join in everyone!

Mighty Favog

do you think on the bose forum they have a section titled "It must be Klipsch... everyone join in"??? :lol:

wonder what they would say about us?

you guys and all your big speakers that are really loud for no reason, and cheap, with too many specs to even understand?? :lol::D:ph34r:

• Like 5

True story - my brothers friend came over with my brother to hear my (slightly modified) Cornwalls, {Cornscala's to the knowledgeable of you}………and before he heard them he kept saying bose is better than Klipsch because nobody ever heard of Klipsch, and everyone's heard of bose. He is now a believer in the legacy of Klipsch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that Bose sucks, but we been there and done that so many times it seems. I'd be more interested in discussions comparing Klipsch heritage, etc. to B&W, Wilson, Maggies, etc.

Last time I heard Klipschorns and B & W 801 F (hope that's the right model) in the same room was in 1982, but listened for hours! Klipschorns were clearer, had better apparent transients, and were more "there." B & Ws may have been better balanced, but turning up the bass control (not much!) on the Klipschorns fixed that.

As I've said before, 1972 Bose 901s used to sound good at Alphonso's in Mendicino. The smallest amp he ever used was a Phase Linear 700 (~~~ 350 w.p.c.). Toward he end of his life, he used McIntosh power amps that were 1,000 w.p.c., if I remember correctly. I don't think I ever heard the Boses sound good anywhere else. Bose closely guards their efficiency specs, but I heard that Khorns were 22 times as efficient. Does anyone have a 2,200 w.p.c. amp?

• Like 1

Yep. I own PAIR OF BOSE. Got them stored at my cousin's house in Sacramento Calf. As I live in Roseburg OR. that's a good place for them. She said she does not use them either. Says they are under something in her garage, but not sure.

I didn't know better when I got them. But every speaker I bought sounded better. Kinda gave me a clue. :wacko:

Two Bose under /behind the living room couch, been there 5 years, looking for the cat the other day, i did not even know i owned a pair.

They seem to work fine, when they give up, they WILL BE TAKEN OUT AND SHOT.

I think 2Lbs of tannerite will do the trick :ph34r:

Edited by minermark

• Moderators

Two Bose under /behind the living room couch, been there 5 years, looking for the cat the other day, i did not even know i owned a pair.

E b a y

E b a y

I buy about 40 to 60Lbs a year from Dan Tanner himself, up in eugene Oregon.

When I was shopping for a new system 20yrs ago, my Bose-owning friend went with me to audition speakers. He had the salesman put up the Bose first, then Advent, JBL and a few others until the last speakers we heard were Klipsch Epics. We both agreed the Epics blew everything else away and that is what I bought. Best part of the story: He ditched his Bose a couple years later and bought some KG's, so not all Bose fans are without hope.

• Like 2

iv had every bose model lv heard of many bought new. Also had a gigantic range of near all speaker brands and models not just one model of a certain brand. at one time 901's sold pretty good...not anymore. The last pair of 901's i ever sold had the exact same thing to say... "They are what they are..".He also has a garage full of pa speakers and quite a bit of klipsch including kg's and synergys. He had some klf 20 or 30's years ago that i remember and many other klipsch i have no idea about before and even to this day. I have to mention those 901's i sold him went in his house. All the other gear he's got sits in a small shop out back and i would chose way faster(more quickly)....

"They are what they are..".but i will say im very pleased not to have any that i know of and stear clear from bose by all means....never once got on clist and typed in bose HAHAHAHAHA you guys know who you are Carl aka CECAA% lol and Boxx i have a feeling is all he says when he plugs BOSE in!!!! dtel now we should go easy on him after the work he had done. AND THESE ARE OUR NEW UP AND COMING MODS. Bless us all while you can SOMEBODY! EVERYBODY!

Bose sincerely have minimal (seriously no kidding) to no musical tonality. The dynamics are null and void from point of purchase. From 501's, 701's, pa802's, to 3 diff level of 901's and so many others not mentioned 301's are the only bose i can deal with, maybe...its been many years. the pa802 is alright for loud auctioneers...not necesarily music. I once had a life preserver on in the audio store when i walked in. Now with Klipsch heck i dont even wear a bathing suit lol

Several series of 501's have been in my pocession. One of them wasnt bad but wasnt goodat the same time..the rest for a $500 speaker i was appaulled. I really cannot believe how dull and non existant music value was...for a movie and im being honest here a literally silent(yes most have a sythesized piano jamming i know) one very possibly some bose may make a surround speaker in the c- scale of grade on a lucky day. This is a true statement!

ITS NOT JUST BOSE. THERE IS A WHOLE CRAZY LOT OF SPEAKERS OUT THERE THAT HAVE NO TONE ANYTHING THE WAY RECORDINGS WERE MEANT TO BE. I HAVE TO BE HONEST. IF SOMEBODY CANNOT DISTINGUISH THESE FACTS THEN JUST GET SOME CHEAP KLF'S(THE BRAND) I THINK THEY ARE CALLED klf or klm';s or something but they are free speakers like $8 each SAVE SOME MONEY. IF YOU CAN buy some bose and like anything(cause bose are not good at reproducing sound the way it should sound) save the receit! They are not worth the money spent to make them. Bose are truly on a fraud status its really all BS...i tried them man and my ears know whats up for real!

SO ALL I CAN SAY IF IT DOESNT SOUND ANYTHING THE WAY IT SHOULD AND YOUR REALLY PISSED OFF, IT MUST BE BOSE

• Like 1

If you just spent o a grand on something named bose keep the slip and run as fast as you can back and return them!!!!

IF YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND YOUR FAVORITE ALBUM THEN ITS BOSE

IF YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND ONE WORD COMING OUT OF A BOX ITS BOSE

IF ITS THE WEIRDEST THING YOUV EVER HEARD ITS BOSE

IF YOU SLIPPED ON SOMETHING AND FELL ITS BOSE NO ITS NOT A ROTTED BANANA CONTAINER OR DOG CRAP ITS BOSE

IF YOU HAVE A HEADACHE AFTER COMING HOME FROM THAT NEW RETAURAUNT ITS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BOSE IN THE CORNERS HOOKED UP

IF YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE IM SURE ITS THE BOSE

IF YOU MAKE MORE THAN AVERAGE VISITS TO THE DOC ITS BOSE

IF YOUR BROKE AND PIST OFF ABOUT YOUR NEW SPEAKERS ITS BOSE

• Like 1