....it must be Bose - Join in everyone!

Mighty Favog

• Moderators

Two Bose under /behind the living room couch, been there 5 years, looking for the cat the other day, i did not even know i owned a pair.

They seem to work fine, when they give up, they WILL BE TAKEN OUT AND SHOT.

I think 2Lbs of tannerite will do the trick :ph34r:

E b a y

I buy about 40 to 60Lbs a year from Dan Tanner himself, up in eugene Oregon.

Were talking tannerite right ? :o

You love to blow up stuff, thank God I don't live out there, probably would have blown myself up by now.

• Like 1

You love to blow up stuff, thank God I don't live out there, probably would have blown myself up by now

Neighbors have BANNED ME FROM MAKING Loud noises. It no matter if it's day or night. Won't even joke with me about it.

I also get the EVIL EYE When I talk about building model rockets. Which I can kinda understand as it is fire season

Damn, Got off Track AGAIN.

I started to say I met a tech who said he is the Bose repair man in his area. He told me if he wanted a clock radio he would go to Wally world or another store, but would not buy Bose for himself.

At least he was honest about it.

I am a closet Bose owner, literally, I have a pai rof 2.2's that I bought new in 1989 sitting in a closet collecting dust.

About 5 or 6 years a go I had a party and a friend said he needed to go buy some surround speakers. I gave him a pair of stands and the choice between a pair of JBL 1100's (small bookshelf) and the Bose 2.2's, whatever he wanted, all for free.

He wanted the Bose "because they are better." I said, I am going to do you a favor and made him take the JBLs. So I still have the Bose in storage.

• Like 1

Paul W. Klipsch was walking down the street one day and saw Dr. Amar Bose on the other side of the street. Paul stops, faces Amar, cups his hands around his mouth, and clearly yells, "Hello Amar!" Amar hears Paul's loud voice and stops. He immediately turns 180-degrees from Paul, puts his hands over his mouth, and mutters, "Hello Paul." Paul shrugs his shoulders and walks away.

• Like 6

Paul W. Klipsch was walking down the street one day and saw Dr. Amar Bose on the other side of the street. Paul stops, faces Amar, cups his hands around his mouth, and clearly yells, "Hello Amar!" Amar hears Paul's loud voice and stops. He immediately turns 180-degrees from Paul, puts his hands over his mouth, and mutters, "Hello Paul." Paul shrugs his shoulders and walks away.

Awesome!

• Like 2

My forum name was inspired by my experiences slinging speakers at Best Buy...

A well-dressed man came in one evening and asked "Do you have the Bose 3-2-1 system?"

I said "Yes, it's right over here..." as I said the words, he walked over, grabbed a cart and followed me to the back of the store where the speakers were all lined up for auditioning.

There was one 3-2-1 box in the bottom stock underneath the system on the shelf- he grabbed it and he began cramming it onto the cart.

I asked "Would you... uh... like to hear it?"

"No." he replied curtly and shoved the system on the cart and walked up to the checkout.

:rolleyes::huh:<_<

Edited by BuyOtherSoundEquipment

OK, I am accusing youse guys of having a double standard. WHAT IF you gave to Bose, the same standards you give to your Klipsch's?

Do you think my Bose 301's might sound better than your stock La Scala's if I:

• Bought new SEAS tweeters for a two grand (like you get new horns for your LS's)
  • Bought new woofers for another couple grand
  • Sent the cross overs to Crites or NOS and spent $1200 for the upgrade?
  • Bought a couple of SVS subs for another couple grand, to get that sub-bass sound your LS's don't have?
  • And finally...

If I powered them using nothing but McIntosh pre's and a couple McIntosh mono block amps for 5K???

Do you think they might meet your standards??? :rolleyes::P

Edited by wvu80

looking to trade my Jubs for a Bose Wave system.

Funny story, I had seen a commercial for one of these wave systems. The commercial had a view of a power of tower speakers, and a receiver. Then the gear disappeared and the Wave 3 appeared. The commercial claimed how the Wave would replace ANY home stereo system. So I called them, and asked what the specs where. The sells rep on the phone didn't understand why I wanted to know the specs. Truthfully I don't really care about specs but more or less was screwing with em as I knew he wouldn't know either. So as I explained to him that my system sound so good and produced good audio from 60 hz - 17000 hz, give or take. How will this little system get me there. He then transferred me to tech support. I explained to the tech that I am interested in replacing my big bulky system with the Wave, as according to the commercial it would out perform what I had. He asked me what I had, I told him a pair of Klipsch Heresies, McIntosh MC2505, with DIy tube pre amp. He had advised against me selling my stuff and replacing it with the wave. Said something along the lines he couldn't believe that was the commercial.

Do you think they might meet your standards (don't forget to add my tongue-in-cheek emoticon! :P )

No cause I didn't do that to my Cornwalls, or Heresies.

So, do you think your stock Cornies and Heresies will out-perform my lightly modified 301's, if I add in all the $5,000 worth of tube gear Klipsch fellows usually say that they have to have? (rhetorical, I'm just playing devil's troll advocate, for the sake of argument :P )

Edited by wvu80

Do you think they might meet your standards (don't forget to add my tongue-in-cheek emoticon! :P )

No cause I didn't do that to my Cornwalls, or Heresies.

So, do you think your stock Cornies and Heresies will out-perform my lightly modified 301's, if I add in all the $5,000 worth of tube gear Klipsch fellows usually say that they have to have? (rhetorical, I'm just playing devil's troll advocate, for the sake of argument :P )

yeah man i love my highly modded($5k haha) 301's and very proud as well to boot. I call ya'll out anywhere anytime! bring it on*!

*note i may use other speakers in background to support this attempt at outsounding you. actual i am relying on other speakers to over power my bose so you cannot smell them.

It was said best a while ago on this forum bose 901's are big fart cans. So true. Iv told the story before and now i forget what amp. I turned them backwards and used a huge amp on some series 5 901's one time to just show how loud they could get. Anyhow an empty plastic walmart baggy was on the floor wadded up. Those 901's were pumping man...the bag moved and ended up blowing around in the room like you were driving down the road in your car with an empty sack blowing around in back seat it was a hoot! Other than many years ago 301's fitting a purpose in my at the time very diluted audio mind that 901 sack blowing exibit was awesome! The amp was a huge 50lb or more 2 channel amp i forget which one "butt them 901's" sure did blow air...I should of got a video...

That said there is a purpose for bose. 301's maybe if your new to audio its a right of passage i feel. I wasted at least 15 months and a few $k learning they were simply a moot audio noise reproducer...pa 802's are good for an auctioneer! And since you cant sell your 901's id get a beast amp and make a mattress pump out of them. The fellas that were watching this were actually impressed and i'll be true i was to at the time lol

If you had a room full of nib bose you have a problem...a house full well just bless your heart. I wouldnt take for free...and yes iv mentioned as well, my final pair of 901's i gave away...i had no room and they were not gonna be stored anywhere to waste any space truly even for a trash pile, id rather have the trash pile easier to throw away and less attention.

Between bose and dre or now verizon beats man i have&use a few pair of grados(great value even the prestige series) one pair still nib...true audiophile sound is far from sound produced with either bose or dre beats...klipsch cans too lack audiophile sq as well thus far compared to cans that have been around for some years and some such as grado 100% American. Bose and "beats" are gimmicks that make corporate money. Bose cans/hp's come on lol give me a break lol I have recently bought some klipsch cans to test other than an old pair i used and i will say they hold a spot on average sq in amoung many headphones iv had over years...bottom line i have a few pair of akg's one pair 44's in particular that were $30 nib and sound far greater than the king kong beats 2.0...my daughter has a pink pair that were hundreds+ and the sq is less than moderate to be descent about them with yes bass. Its a trend and i feel the govt is behind the dre beats movement so all these kids are def before long leading to problems with hearing and long term making money for health industry :mellow: