The king b4 the Jub

boxerjake

Been so many years since i've lurked here that i had to make a new account ...lol

Before the advent on the Jub , these munsters use to raine supreme .

Started posting on these pages when my kids were still in diapers , now one has just graduated, so when the move out comes about , i'm pretty sure some of my klipsch collection will be leaving with the kids .

Loads of new gear out there nowadays , but very few move " Air " like the good old Munster king of the k-horns !

Cheers to all my old friends : Dale W post-58676-0-15760000-1405892355_thumb.j

• Like 3

Been so many years since i've lurked here that i had to make a new account ...lol

Before the advent on the Jub , these munsters use to raine supreme .

Started posting on these pages when my kids were still in diapers , now one has just graduated, so when the move out comes about , i'm pretty sure some of my klipsch collection will be leaving with the kids .

Loads of new gear out there nowadays , but very few move " Air " like the good old Munster king of the k-horns !

Cheers to all my old friends : Dale W attachicon.gifk's 007.jpg

Sheesh. That stack was called the Prince, and you know it.

• Like 1

Ok boys .... The k's have twin headsets , and the bottom bins contain 2 8" drivers each .

The configeraion runs with a pair of Rotel RB-1090's ( 380 watts per side )

The original K horm configeration is fed by one channel per side while the second channel per side feed the top head set and the lower bin via a matching AK-2 network . So basicly you have a twin set of speakers in each corner .

Bare in mind these are the mains ... the rears are a set of black k-horn

If your a bass lover you'll be intrested to know that all 4 k's are driven through a pair of Audio control - Phase coupled activators .

If your old school you'll know about these devises and how intense they tighen and pound out the Bass .

Needless to say , i'm an old school rocker .

If you think this is half *** impressive you should see my garage system ..lol

ps : if you click on the pic it will give you a larger view

Edited by boxerjake
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome back.

The king b4 the Jub, well that depends :o some have bigger and would argue better that a jub.

When you get anywhere around that that level your much better off than the average consumer by far.

Khorns, a speaker that's been around longer than many people on this forum. B)

Yes we want to see that also :D

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Welcome back.

The king b4 the Jub, well that depends :o some have bigger and would argue better.

When you get anywhere around that that level your much better off than the average consumer by far.

Yes we want to see that also :D

No arguement here .... I've got buddies with rooms full of 100 k focal's and stacks of Tenor's

Fact is i'm a shear db guy ... i have little need to sip wine and converse with my fellow audio philes on which verse they can hear the trombone guy pass gas with there golden ears .

120 db of metalica after a hard days work and a cold beer is good enough for me :)

I've been pounding out notes via the klipsch route since the late 70's

ps : Does anyone know if Jean Francois Lessard ( Magna quest ) or kelly still lurk here ? I have Lessards very first 6SN7 SRPP Pantheon Audio pre-amp hooked into the first pair of Dynaco Mark III's that craig over at Nos Valves ever restored .

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome Boxerjake, sounds like you come to the right place.

Well I'm an old guy, don't go 120db anymore and Metallica came along after tons of other favorites from years before them for me, but it's all good, we all have our favorites.

Not because I am old but because I am old enough to now experience hearing damage, don't go 120 db for lengths of time or you will pay down the road, ask MANY here.

Not trying to tell you what to do but from experience, no one wants to lose the pleasure of music when there older.

I do understand cranking it up and a cold beer after work for sure., don't take a chance on messing that up, just a touch lower goes a long way.

• Like 2

No worries dtel .... I've spent 30 plus years painting cars and pounding around the inside of a bodyshop , so chestpounding music is the least of my worries .

Mettalic is no where near my favorite , just has the tempo i get off on after a day at the grind .

Those k's are in my theater room and mosty used for movies , the earbleeding is usually at a distance inmy back yard and garage as i work on custom car and bike builds .

( I chromed those tube amp chassis for Gregg that he always displays on his page with his speaker builds , the amps Jean Francois Lessard built for the exchange on the cherry k's years back )

I've got a house full of gear for every taste , scala's , belle's ,heresy , k's , cornwalls , solid state gear , tube stuff out the ying yang .

I groove the Dean Martin on sunday mornings as much as rockin the countryside with volbeat at a buck and a half on the scale .

Needless to say i live in the countryside ..

Lascala's and belles serve well as PA gear outdoors , we rock parties of 100 plus on a regular basis during the summer months ( I live just outside Edmonton Alberta so summer is 3 months a year )

• Like 1

• Moderators

Cool choice of speakers and especially living in the country, best thing I ever did. I have some speakers for the yard also, it just seems to sound better outside I love it, and like you said great for parties. LaScalas do sound good outside, it's similar to what I use outside myself, it sucks you have such a short summer, we have a long summer and almost no winter compared to you.

Ok I see, those levels are not closed in a room, big difference. I had no idea what experience you had, I try to tell some of the young people who come here that because like all of us at that age there invincible not thinking about later problems. But I see now it's not your case, you know what your doing, just ignore, I had no idea.

I know what you mean, my hearing problems came from working in shipyards building boats when I was younger, back then all they cared about was steal toe boots and a hard hats and on occasion safety glasses.

If you think about it put you area under your name by your avatar, there are quite a few here from Canada, glad you joined back here again. :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

That's an interesting-looking stack. Too bad there isn't enough height under a typical 8-foot ceiling to stack double Klipschorns, tweeter-to-tweeter. I wonder if anyone's looked at building a shorter bass section to accommodate the stacking of dual units in a residential setting.

((Oh, that's charming, I get a little warning symbol if I edit a post.))

Edited by Taterworks
  • Like 1

Guest Steven1963
i have little need to sip wine and converse with my fellow audio philes on which verse they can hear the trombone guy pass gas with there golden ears . 120 db of metalica after a hard days work and a cold beer is good enough for me

I like this guy!

That's an interesting-looking stack. Too bad there isn't enough height under a typical 8-foot ceiling to stack double Klipschorns, tweeter-to-tweeter. I wonder if anyone's looked at building a shorter bass section to accommodate the stacking of dual units in a residential setting.

((Oh, that's charming, I get a little warning symbol if I edit a post.))

Taterworks,

You would get more of what you are after with a pair of TSCMs and a good sub than double stacking K-Horns.

Boxerjake,

Did you ever consider Klipsch TSCMs and a good sub woofer for what you are trying to achieve??? Your corner space, such as that double door would be your limiting factor.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer