The king b4 the Jub

boxerjake

ps : Does anyone know if Jean Francois Lessard ( Magna quest ) or kelly still lurk here ? I have Lessards very first 6SN7 SRPP Pantheon Audio pre-amp hooked into the first pair of Dynaco Mark III's that craig over at Nos Valves ever restored .

Kelly has been gone a long time, and Lessard finished his dissertation and got an engineering job overseas if I recall correctly.

The last I remember you on here you were adding on to your house and my son stuck a giraffe in the pic.. Would that be correct>

Welcome back!

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

I still have the 2A3 mono-blocks that Jeff built for himself. My 299A was rebuilt by Craig for Kelly, but for some reason Kelly bailed out from the deal and I lucked out. (The Scott needs Craig's help again.)

What was your signature before?

SSH

ps : Does anyone know if Jean Francois Lessard ( Magna quest ) or kelly still lurk here ? I have Lessards very first 6SN7 SRPP Pantheon Audio pre-amp hooked into the first pair of Dynaco Mark III's that craig over at Nos Valves ever restored .

Kelly has been gone a long time, and Lessard finished his dissertation and got an engineering job overseas if I recall correctly.

The last I remember you on here you were adding on to your house and my son stuck a giraffe in the pic.. Would that be correct>

Welcome back!

Bruce

Yup .... Thats me !!

Been years and years since i've been here , actually long enough that my profile was gone and had to start over again

My kids were under 5 and now my daughter just graduated from high school ... time flies by

I still have the 2A3 mono-blocks that Jeff built for himself. My 299A was rebuilt by Craig for Kelly, but for some reason Kelly bailed out from the deal and I lucked out. (The Scott needs Craig's help again.)

SSH

Is'nt that crazy !! I have the first SRPP 6SN7 pre amp that jeff built ... then i chromed plated the amp chasiss jeff built for gregg who traded jeff for a pair of cherry k-horns that gregg reveneered !

I have 2 solid oak amp chassis ( that match my pre-amp ) from jeff and all the chokes and tranformers ( from magnaquest ) for building jeffs horus project but have never got around to doing it !!

Thats about 2-3k of parts that have been sitting in my basement for the last 10 years collecting dust

I think i was just going by Dale W last tiem i was here ... but i can't remember to tell you the truth

Boxerjake,

Did you ever consider Klipsch TSCMs and a good sub woofer for what you are trying to achieve??? Your corner space, such as that double door would be your limiting factor.

Roger

Hey Roger

I've several klipsch systems , all serve a different purpose ....

These stacked k's are in my HT room and act as the front L &R .. the center is a klipsch , the rears are Black K-horns , the room has 2 klipsch powerd subs ... All of this squeezes it's way into a 14 x 20 room , so needless to say it's major overkill for watching movies ! Not much area left over for room treatments , plus considering the suspended ceiling it's a real limited room as to the SPL it will handle without vibrating out of control . ( as it is i can bounce the tiles in the tracks )

I have other dedicated room in the house that have been built ground up to be decoupled ( with proper room treatments ) that can and do handle SPL at levels this room is not able to support

Besides this room i also own 6 lascala's , 2 belles , 4 cornwalls and 6 heresy that are all partnered with different SS and tube gear as dedicated by the purpose they serve

Well Dale, welcome back. Khorns are still close to the top of the food chain. Some say they still are at the top.

IMHO In a large normal home listening room they still are the absolute Kings....now in an auditorium or large theater Jub's would probably better them..

SSH

Well get with of me so we can get it taken care of...

Been so many years since i've lurked here that i had to make a new account ...lol

Before the advent on the Jub , these munsters use to raine supreme .

Started posting on these pages when my kids were still in diapers , now one has just graduated, so when the move out comes about , i'm pretty sure some of my klipsch collection will be leaving with the kids .

Loads of new gear out there nowadays , but very few move " Air " like the good old Munster king of the k-horns !

Cheers to all my old friends : Dale W attachicon.gifk's 007.jpg

Holy Fright talk about a blast from the past...I knew when I looked at the photo of your stacked Khorns I has seen them before...it took reading further in the thread to realize this was my Canadian Brother Dale Walker! Seems to me that you emailed me in the last few years for a bit. Glad to see you posting!

Sorry to say Jeff and Kelly have flew the coop on the crazy Klipsch forum. I sure miss sparing back and forth with Kelly and enjoying Jeff's wisdoms and talents. Last I heard Jeff finished is doctorate or masters degree I don't recall what he was going to school for... I believe he is now residing down under...

Are those Dynaco Mark III still pumping out the tunes? If so I'm shocked... usually the power supply filter cans will give up the ghost in 10+ years on those in fact usually much sooner...I have to revise the way I did them way back when because of that.

Yes craig ... the chrome master pieces still warm my heart and soul during the winter seasons !

I keep them mostly hid away during the summer and bring them upstairs to enjoy the likes of dean martin and pals during the winter lockdown .

Nothing makes me feel the same way as kicking back with a glass of wine infront of the fireplace with 6 feet of snow outside and minus 30 degree temp warming my soul with a few christmas tunes through those Mark III' you lovingly restored ... That's the kinda memories that keeps this hobby alive for me

Edited by boxerjake