Looking for recommended subwoofer with the KG 5.5

goldenbear123

Lower budget, maxing out around $400. Mostly for music, and I tend to listen at fairly high volume levels. I'd prefer to stick with a Klipsch subwoofer as well but if there are better subs out there for the money that would go well with the KG series I'm certainly open to other options. Thanks in advance!

There are some nice subs from ID companies but, most of the entry level subs start at $499. To get high spl you need a nice sub. What speakers are you using? The SVS PB 1000 and Rythmik FVR 12 have 300 watt amps and are $499. Premier acoustic makes a nice 15 in. sub for around $400. None of these sub will have a great low end for HT unless the room is fairly small.

Lower budget, maxing out around $400. Mostly for music, and I tend to listen at fairly high volume levels. I'd prefer to stick with a Klipsch subwoofer as well but if there are better subs out there for the money that would go well with the KG series I'm certainly open to other options. Thanks in advance!

You don't need a Klipsch sub just because you have Klipsch speakers. And, to get one that will do anything for music you would have to up you budget a lot. You really are better off going the DIY route or finding one used.

Look for SVS, PSA, Reaction, HSU, Outlaw, and Rythmik. Cost wise these are some of the best value available.

If you could list off your other equipment and room dimensions that would be a big help.

finding a sub which truly integrates with the mains is very difficult, you can improve the quality of the bass in your KG5.5 why don't you consider that? It will cost less and sound better. You can lower the tuning and eliminate resonances in both the cabinet and the drivers and horns. You can improve the acoustic load on the woofers as well to great effect. In the end I don't expect you could find a sub to equal them. Best regards Moray James.

I just installed an SVS pb1000 into my friend’s house (he uses the Klipsch RB-41 speaker system) the sub is def. overwhelming for those speakers but he didn’t seem to mind last weekend when I tuned all his speakers in with an SPL meter and ran his sub 3db hotter than the RBs. Id def. recommended this sub but It is around 499 shipped. I have never owned an SVS sub but heard many of them and can’t recommend them enough

for $400, used is best. look on CL & ebay for velodyne fsr series. they are older servo subs & sound excelllent with music or movies. the fsr-15 is hard to beat at twice your budget.

Edited by klipschfancf4

It is usually the other way around. Mustang guy said it best, a sub can't keep up : whey you turn up the mains and the sub can't get any louder or, vice versa.

Yes. Using my "gear head" I thought of it like this. The mains pull away from the subs when you put your foot down. When you are at low speeds, an M1A2 Abrams tank can drive along with a Pagani Huayra.

So long as you listen at low levels, everything is fine.... If you listen at high levels, you need to have the sub power to keep up. Maybe a pair of Bugatti Veyron SS's.

• Like 1