WTB: KG 5.5, Chorus I or II, Cornwall II or III

goldenbear123

If you are looking at KG 5.5, add the KLF speakers to the list. The KLF-10 are 2-way, similar to the KG 5.5, the KLF-20 and KLF-30 are 3-way. I have the KLF-30 and love them.

Good luck in your search, check out the Alerts section, minermark, is doing a great job of posting CA deals.

• Like 1

Yes, I have had KG 5.5 very good sounding speaker with lots of bass and very close to a KLF-10. However, I would consider the KLF-30 closer to a Cornwall (than the KG 5.5). Chorus II are also a very good choice.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 1

I actually had a question about La Scala's! I tend to listen to more bass heavy music, and I've heard the La Scala's, while amazing speakers, don't deliver as well in that area. Any opinions on that? It's making me skeptical since they are definitely at the top of my price range

Cornwalls are highly regarded for their bass response. I bought my first La Scala before I got a pair of Cornwalls.

I found that the midrange horn of the La Scala are very hard to give up, which is why people build cornscalas.

For stock bass capable stock Klipsch speakers, I would go for any of the following: KG 5.5, Forte, Forte II, Chorus II, KLF-20, KLF-30, and Cornwalls. These were listed in increasing price in the Chicago area.

The La Scala doesn't have the same bass extension as the other speakers listed, but a musical sub is easy to add.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 1

I tend to listen to more bass heavy music

Is it club music, rock music, jazz, classical, etc.? The majority of the rock is around 40-50 Hz, so the La Scala is suitable. If you listen to jazz and are wanting to hear the plucking of the bass strings you will likely need a sub.

If you are going to incorporate these speakers in a HT system, you will need a sub either way.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new on the forum here, but I've been a Klipsch fanatic since the 90s. I have a pair of black KG 5.5s, pair of KG 1.0? (I have to check the model in storage to be sure), a Klipsch center channel (forgot model but will get it as well) & Energy subwoofer for sale. I'm located in SF and am willing to work out a deal. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

-Ken 

Hi, I'm new on the forum here, but I've been a Klipsch fanatic since the 90s. I have a pair of black KG 5.5s, pair of KG 1.0? (I have to check the model in storage to be sure), a Klipsch center channel (forgot model but will get it as well) & Energy subwoofer for sale. I'm located in SF and am willing to work out a deal. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

-Ken 

Best to start your own thread and include lots of photos and asking price would be good....OR, just PM the OP.....

Edited by jimjimbo

-Ken 

Best to start your own thread and include lots of photos and asking price would be good....OR, just PM the OP.....

Thanks for your suggestion, Jimbo. I have started my own thread with lots of pics here - https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152326-klipsch-kg-55-kg-15-kv2-speakers-in-sf-bay-area/