College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

Geeze Sancho, I'm really surprised Saban's personality hasn't won you over!

I respect Nick Satan & enjoy his commentary on games. He does not seem a sore loser.

Also respect, that, although he used to enjoy a glass of wine, every now & then, when he moved to Tuscaloosa, he Gave it up, because if he, or his wife, bought a bottle of wine at the local store, false rumours would be all over town, that either he &/or his wife, were drunks.

Also how he handled the tree killing cracker situation; White Trash, I refuse to mention that PoS's name. Although I do not wish him any physical harm.

Edited by Sancho Panza

• 2 weeks later...

I love watching college football, but it's hard to not feel somewhat unclean by the whole dirty business. For every kid who goes on to professional success, there are dozens who are spit out and thrown away without a degree or an education. The big schools make huge amounts of money on the backs of naive youth.

On one hand, most schools offer an opportunity to get an education and a degree. On the other hand, too many young people allow unrealistic dreams of NFL money to tempt them to squander the educational opportunity.

My sister-in-law was involved with an adult reading program. Scholarship players from the two largest football programs in the state would be done with football, have no NFL opportunities and yet they couldn't read at a 4th grade level. Some even had a college degree. That should not be allowed to happen.

My nephew is the other side of the NCAA experience. He was a walk-on tight end at a PAC 12 school. The academic guidance and support available through the athletic department were instrumental in his academic success. He recognized the valuable opportunity and took advantage of it.

Seems the NFL is benefitted by a free farm system at the expense of most players.

Man you guys are so excited makes me wish I was a fan. Never watched even a quarter of a game....even the super bowl.

Does UNC play football? it's no wonder you're not a fan.

When I played football, the cones at practice were all small and orange, like the one near the tire in the attached pdf.

TDN20140803_36.pdf

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2