Do Klipsch still make good stuff?

proklipsch

their new reference line in particular caught my eye...

the new 12" sub.... 400w 12" weighs only 33 lbs..... that sounds like crap to me, and for a 400w 12" that port in the back looks mighty small to me.

and whats up with the sw115... its only 400w FOR A 15"!!! thats crap too!

Man, its like you're complaining on a Kia parking lot that the Sorento won't go 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. You're basically beating up 450-700 dollar subs. Spend $1600-2K on a boutique sub like a SVS PB13 ultra and call it a day. If you want something with a Klipsch badge and to drown out your RF mains, buy an active Crown amp and pick one of these up below.

KPT_1802_HLS_-_Angled_635234081399512000

Edited by Max2

Man, its like you're complaining on a Kia parking lot that the Sorento won't go 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. You're basically beating up 450-700 dollar subs. Spend $1600-2K on a boutique sub like a SVS PB13 ultra and call it a day. If you want something with a Klipsch badge and to drown out your RF mains, buy an active Crown amp and pick one of these up below.

KPT_1802_HLS_-_Angled_635234081399512000

yes indeed, that is the 1802 I mentioned

Klipsch makes excellent speakers. As other have said, there are better subs but, to get a heavy hitting sub under 20 Hz, you need to forget the $500-800 range. These are not bad but, are limited if you wish to shake up your room. DIY is also a great way to go.

Edited by derrickdj1

I picked up an RW-12d from Newegg on a close out about 18 months ago and we've been very satisfied. It was a steal, so maybe look for any current close outs. I was aware of Klipsch' reputation for less than stellar quality in subs, but the price made the risk worthwhile. The bad part of this is we are now spoiled and if something goes wrong, I'll feel compelled to buy another sub and will probably have to pay through the nose for it. I would not spend substantial $ for a Klipsch sub based on the problems I've read about on this forum and elsewhere. Hope that changes in the future.

• Like 1

their new reference line in particular caught my eye...

the new 12" sub.... 400w 12" weighs only 33 lbs..... that sounds like crap to me, and for a 400w 12" that port in the back looks mighty small to me.

and whats up with the sw115... its only 400w FOR A 15"!!! thats crap too!

how much effing bass do you need... get real full range speakers knucklehead.

• Like 2