Decided on a beautiful pair of Oak CF-3's

avguytx

After deliberating on which model I wanted to go with, and what was in a reasonable driving range from me, I picked up a beautiful pair of Oak CF-3's this past weekend. Got home around 9pm after a 6 hour round trip drive and listened to them till about 1am and was loving what I heard. I kept thinking the left speaker was dominant to the right so Saturday morning I inspected a little closer and discovered the top woofer had no output. Crap. Fingers crossed for a disconnected woofer and that's what it was. Back to normal! I'm running them on my Carver M-1.0t MKII Opt 002 amp and they sound awesome. Next step is updating the caps and elevating them some to get the horn more to ear level which won't be too much of a lift. But if anyone comes across a reasonable priced pair of 3's or 4's, don't hesitate to get them. These are replacing my Polk SDA SRS 2's which will be sold off soon. After owning 4 sets of Heresy's and a pair of 78 Khorns, it's good to be back in horns again.

Please overlook the wires on the media server side as it's temporary until I finish up the new entertainment center for everything. Kind of embarrassing.

Edit...I guess it's not letting me upload pics from my iPhone.

• Like 1

Worked this time...to figure. After 5 attempts before posting, I stopped. Maybe it was the LTE signal. I switched on to the schools wireless (I'm a network admin) and using the 150mb pipe and it worked. Gotta love it.

post-26913-0-76880000-1406062288_thumb.j

post-26913-0-24780000-1406062463_thumb.j

post-26913-0-14380000-1406062479_thumb.j

• Like 2

And here's proof of the rack that's being built for poops and grins. it's laying on its back in the picture. Built out of 1/2@ MDF then layered with 1/4" oak with red oak trim. The twobig compartments on the bottom left will be for 4 drawers for hiding DVDs and games for the Wii and ps3.

post-26913-0-60580000-1406062554_thumb.j

• Like 1