Info on the New Pro Speakers?

Sancho Panza

My bosses are well aware of the value of our forum members. I've requested more participation from K employees here. The trouble is, we are all extremely busy every day, trying to save the world from crap audio ;-) I do know some of them read lots of the stuff posted here.

In all seriousness, I'll bring it up again soon. 

Right on.

Looking at that new pro gear it sure does look good. If a solution could come about for "pro gear for the home" it may show some very good production/pay off and keep some klipsch heritage style in a modern package

After hearing the 904s I thought and posted a similar question. How is that sound not being put in homes?  I mean come on find a way. Its too good to be stuck behind a screen in a theater. Where 99% of the people will never even know it was klipsch. 

But if you think about what it would take to get that in a home. I mean even I would have never bought them if they wouldn't be behind a screen. Of course now after hearing them I would make it work :). But looks matters to a super high % of people.  Im sure it could be done but the price tag would be really high. 

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 1

I was just thinking there should be a how to, on how to order Klipsch pro.  It seems to be kind of top secret.  I know there are a couple of Pro dealers around that sell, but is there a specific protocol that needs to be followed.  Especially if we just want to order a K 402 horn/ Driver, or the K 510 horn/driver, etc..  I ask because I call cinequip to get a price on the 510, I was told I might need to get "approval" from Klipsch before they could sell it to me.  Is this correct. 

I guess I don't know for a fact but I thought you could buy just the horns from klipsch. Did you call them yet?

I think (but do not know) that they want those orders to go through a dealer.

I'd say to simply call WC at Panacea

http://panaceaengineering.com/

Newest dealer (unless someone else has come along), all around very nice guy & lover of Klipsch.

Yes I have emailed WC before, he is a very nice guy.  But he is busy, at this point I am just kicking tires and am toying with some ideas.  So I didn't really want to bother him.  I should have stopped in when I was there last week. 

I was just thinking there should be a how to, on how to order Klipsch pro.  It seems to be kind of top secret.  I know there are a couple of Pro dealers around that sell, but is there a specific protocol that needs to be followed.  Especially if we just want to order a K 402 horn/ Driver, or the K 510 horn/driver, etc..  I ask because I call cinequip to get a price on the 510, I was told I might need to get "approval" from Klipsch before they could sell it to me.  Is this correct. 

I guess I don't know for a fact but I thought you could buy just the horns from klipsch. Did you call them yet?

No I guess that would be the best place to start.  Last time I tried emailing them about home audio horns they didn't seem interested in selling them.  

When it comes to replacement parts, many audio manufacturers (probably Klipsch included) want to prevent their own proprietary parts from simply being sold to non-owners so that they don't become part of non-branded products that might be marketed as containing their components. If you manufactured and sold speakers, you wouldn't want a competitor taking your respected name and appropriating it to their lower-priced product simply because they could buy the same custom-designed and custom-tooled component your speaker uses. A great deal of money goes into designing and tooling special parts that enhance the performance and uniqueness of Klipsch speakers, as well as many other commercial speakers, which is why this sort of restriction is necessary - to protect that investment. This also ensures that parts from a company like Klipsch would only appear in speakers where Klipsch is able to control how those parts are integrated into the complete system.

To obtain replacement parts, you may need to first get serial numbers from a pair of speakers that are owned by their original purchaser, since many warranties are not transferrable (and I haven't investigated this with Klipsch so I don't know for sure whether theirs is transferrable or not). However, many manufacturers keep records of what replacement parts were ordered for speakers with a particular serial number, so even if you have serial numbers, you might raise red flags if you order a pair of horns, then order another pair of horns next week for the same pair of speakers.

If you just need some horns, many other manufacturers of raw pro-audio drivers sell some good ones. JBL and EV are perhaps most well-known for their horns, but Eminence, B&C Speakers, Faital Pro, PRV Audio, and Dayton Audio all sell horns.

Edited by Taterworks

I was just thinking there should be a how to, on how to order Klipsch pro. It seems to be kind of top secret. I know there are a couple of Pro dealers around that sell, but is there a specific protocol that needs to be followed. Especially if we just want to order a K 402 horn/ Driver, or the K 510 horn/driver, etc.. I ask because I call cinequip to get a price on the 510, I was told I might need to get "approval" from Klipsch before they could sell it to me. Is this correct.

No I guess that would be the best place to start. Last time I tried emailing them about home audio horns they didn't seem interested in selling them.
i told you to call Klipsch. Gotta get to the cinema department. I've talked to a few guys in there all willing to sell me either a 510 or 402 horn.

The cinema stuff is kind of hard to track down prices for. But I mean come on guys we all are on this forum a lot. It's not that hard to send a couple emails back and forth with cinequip. Then boom they are on the way to you.

And beek you have to remember that Klipsch is trying to cater to all audiences and face it, the audiophile breed is slimming down. People want small stuff, mp3 stuff, headphones.

Don't get me wrong I feel the exact same way about the new reference line and they are coming out with something in between current reference stuff and palladium. Although I'm betting pricing will be a bit stout for my Wallet. I will stick with my cinema gear to me that's where it at if you have a dedicated space. Living room, no freakin way!

And I immediately worry about if they try to start making cinema gear for home that stuff will be compromised for sound and made prettier, then whammy! Price doubles. If I were anyone on here and thinking the cinema gear might be for me? I'd buy now before Klipsch changes stuff around.

Large, "unattractive" black painted cabinets and fantastic drivers all equal great sound in a very affordable package. Just gotta have space for them. Do like ref did and put grills on them, build a top hat for them and grill that up too. Then they are nice enough for a living room if you don't mind small refrigerators.

• Like 2

Newest dealer (unless someone else has come along), all around very nice guy & lover of Klipsch.

Yes and he owns the rarest pair of Jubes as well as a warehouse full of Klipsch speakers. Amazing. He says there's too many tire kickers out there and not enough real buyers. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

I've been UNABLE to get anyone willing to work with me when it comes to pro gear... and I have emailed them all.

i have emailed spencer chao back and forth a hundred times and I haven't even bought one thing from him. I asked him one time about prices and ten months later asked a second time and he even remembered me.

I've been UNABLE to get anyone willing to work with me when it comes to pro gear... and I have emailed them all.

i have emailed spencer chao back and forth a hundred times and I haven't even bought one thing from him. I asked him one time about prices and ten months later asked a second time and he even remembered me.

Spencer is a great guy to work with. He worked hard for me the two times I worked with him. He also has the best price I could find.

Yes and he owns the rarest pair of Jubes as well as a warehouse full of Klipsch speakers. Amazing. He says there's too many tire kickers out there and not enough real buyers. Just my 2 cents.

If you're serious about buying something, a hundred emails shouldn't be necessary before putting down money, unless you are creating a custom product for your needs. This is one thing that tips a salesperson off that someone is likely a "tire-kicker" and not really serious about making a buying decision, and if I were the salesperson I'd stop returning emails after the fourth or fifth one. Buying something involves risk, and both parties need to realize and accept that. It's up to the buyer to do their research* beforehand and make as few requests of the dealer or seller as possible.

For the part of the seller, it sounds like they may need to add qualifying questions to their repertoire early in the selling process. This is one of the well-known Seven Steps of Selling.

*Forums like this are a great resource for doing research. This is not to say that research is unnecessary or annoying, just that it is not the job of the salesperson to answer product questions one after the other, ad infinitum, in hopes of making a sale that never comes.

Edited by Taterworks

If you're serious about buying something, a hundred emails shouldn't be necessary before putting down money, unless you are creating a custom product for your needs. This is one thing that tips a salesperson off that someone is likely a "tire-kicker" and not really serious about making a buying decision, and if I were the salesperson I'd stop returning emails after the fourth or fifth one. Buying something involves risk, and both parties need to realize and accept that. It's up to the buyer to do their research* beforehand and make as few requests of the dealer or seller as possible.

For the part of the seller, it sounds like they may need to add qualifying questions to their repertoire early in the selling process. This is one of the well-known Seven Steps of Selling.

*Forums like this are a great resource for doing research. This is not to say that research is unnecessary or annoying, just that it is not the job of the salesperson to answer product questions one after the other, ad infinitum, in hopes of making a sale that never comes.

Before we moved, we contacted several dealers to inquire about equipment we could inspect, hear and buy near our new location.  Only one bothered to answer.  He and I exchanged about 5 or 6 emails, perhaps more.  He went out of his way, including sending me a wiring diagram he created for a custom component I wanted.  When we arrived, he saw us in the parking lot trying to get our car's remote door locker to work.  He came out, tools in hand, and fixed it @ no cost.  We bought nothing that day, but over the next few years we ended up buying from him two power amps, a preamp, two AV pre-pros, a CD player, a blu-ray/SACD player and a piece of custom equipment that he built for us.  He also repaired one of our older pieces of equipment.  He is now a good friend, and we are continuing to exchange emails, on many subjects, and he knows that next time we are in the market for something, he will be the first person we consult. 

• Like 1

Yes in the past several months other than klipsch hq demo day back in june which and was not quite a full on demo and finding used and having 2 palladium demos(from online sellers, not nib) its not just pro gear its near everything. Iv made some other choices and may find some palladium bookshelves sometime although finding a more than willing rep to get a full on demo leading to a purchase iv been stranded for months...

I have found other resources now not anything to do with KLIPSCH and that's fine and maybe the way they want yet again when I called and left messages then never got back in touch with after multiple people being involved I resorted elsewhere and have dug my grip in there for now...Think about that im looking to possibly buy a pair of speakers for $20k and its not that easy do get done(both hunt the demo down and finance)lol Owe and im not going to go to far and buy without a full on demo...like I said I have found other ways to listen and buy klipsch for now and likely the future and that may be the way they want but it sucks, period

You name the palladium iv had the demo elsewhere nothing to do with klipsch(other than klipsch hq day back in june which was pretty limited). Along with my hunt I have found other speakers/gear that are a show all within themselves so I guess I won in the end which works okay...

Ultimately I am upset that I was never contacted by klipsch and had the opportunity to demo straight from the horses arse.

By the way...If I have a pair of speakers that cost that much in my home im not gonna let anybody know...they would be for me, strictly