Info on the New Pro Speakers?

Sancho Panza

Horns aside, the drivers are incredibly different. K103 Ti is the same HF driver used as the tweeter in the CW III. The KPT12xx models utilize the K70G which is a massive pro magnet structure and diaphragm. No contest.

Agreed the k70g in these 1201s is a pretty beefy driver. And it sounds great. I hope these don't replace the current pro line speakers.

The kpt1201 description says standard SMPTE/ISO 2696 X-curve de-emphasis from an enclosure designed not to appear bulky. Does this mean it has the x curve or doesn't? Its confusing :wacko:

I believe they do have Xcurve.  It really does not bother me but I would be interested in knowing how to disable it and giving it a try.

Why do they call it a x curve de emphasis? I'm lost on that part lol.

I thought the X curve was something imposed in the projection booth, after running tests in the particular theater, with the speakers that are installed in that theater ... something like the calibration of Audyssey Reference in a particular HT.  

Am I wrong?

How would they know what EQ would be necessary to achieve the X curve in a given theater without measuring in that particular theater?

Edited by Garyrc

Why do they call it a x curve de emphasis? I'm lost on that part lol.

I thought the X curve was something imposed in the projection booth, after running tests in the particular theater, with the speakers that are installed in that theater ... something like the calibration of Audyssey Reference in a particular HT.  

Am I wrong?

How would they know what EQ would be necessary to achieve the X curve in a given theater without measuring in that particular theater?

Not sure. I thought it was done in the xo. Why would klipsch say it has a x curve de emphasis? Thats the part I really dont get. So it has the opposite of a x curve? lol

I wish klipsch pro speakers would become more mainstream for example...

prices at least msrp right along with the link as Chad posted...I don't have a hook up on klipsch pro pricing(nor does anybody) other than through email or phone then wait..so an itemized list with msrp would in my opinion blow the doors off the sales of pro klipsch models...

I am tickled to death to have the klipsch speakers I have right now. This is after about 5 years of strenuous buy/sell and trading klipsch...Now, today I would buy nib klipsch pro units if it were simple...

The crazy thing to me is the fact that many pro klipsch speakers are actually cheap nib from factory or through dealer...Those new speakers Chad posted the link to I would snag in a second if I knew the price and/or they were right in front of me to hang on my walls right now.

I have to speak of what I am learning of klipsch these days and the fact that 1 ...the klipsch company doesn't even read this forum....BLOWS MY MIND(and it takes a lot to blow my mind ha)

Klipsch would learn so much...for example using free info from things such as ClaudeJ1's hornresp and even his pro heretic heresy, this is fascinating information! And so much more on this forum...there is real info going on here that altogether can rise out of the current mainstream audio and keep klipsch where they/we are now..

Regardless for the money comparing a used pair of craigslist klipsch to showroom $100k+ 7' monitors, heritage and vintage klipsch &kpt just cannot be beat....

ALREADY digressed from the topic of this thread. truth is klipsch is what it is now due to klipsch' past and new models unless you want to pull the lever on the speaker slot machine the current and passed models with mods and upgrades and many plain stock smoke new klipsch with ease. Facts are facts. And the new units will never warrant mods due to drivers and lack of quality so they will fall apart too soon and tough to refinish 30+years from now

I will now say during the recent klipsch hq shindig which was awesome any way you look at it...The group I was in was very conditioned and extremely knowledgeable and I heard whispers of distortion and a demo or 2 that were sub par...KLIPSCH should take steps back and look at the 80's(at least, 70's also, just backtrack at least) with the current following klipsch has and what has been established.

weather we see it now or not is within the individual...sad to know facts that things are sliding...and its not just klipsch although the pro models are in my opinion the closest thing to heritage which is the only speakers I would ever consider buying for my primary sound reproduction use "room 1"...

Another big example I am disgusted by is Deans networks for the rf7ii....I am near positive klipsch has never dealt with his work...This would be another great step in the right direction for klipsch...WHY, because it obviously works...and there are so, so many more results the KNOW IT ALL klipsch engineer could learn by reading on this forum and contacting the people on here with more knowledge Than any current klipsch employee other than 4(I know of 3 and making a leap to 4 individuals that are truly part of the klipsch heritage and still make a living under the klipsch production, hq, distribution etc...roofs)...and im not knocking any empoyees by any means(new things are happening in audio and the old and the new need to hold hands(!) I am only stating that there are over 50 years of experience with knowledge on this forum and its more slippery than snot apparently cause KLIPSCH does not use the best resource available "this forum"

KLIPSCH for another 50 years not 5 movement :mellow: 

• Like 1

Mark  the engineers at Klipsch have to walk a fine line in regards to manufacturing costs and profitability.  For example, putting parts in a speakers crossover that are comparable to what Dean makes would greatly increase the price of the speaker.  For example, a no holds barred Reference speaker could end up costing what a Paladium costs.  Wait, ..........they've already done that.  I believe they engineer to get the best performance for a given price point and work backwards from there.

• Like 1

Mark  the engineers at Klipsch have to walk a fine line in regards to manufacturing costs and profitability.  For example, putting parts in a speakers crossover that are comparable to what Dean makes would greatly increase the price of the speaker.  For example, a no holds barred Reference speaker could end up costing what a Paladium costs.  Wait, ..........they've already done that.  I believe they engineer to get the best performance for a given price point and work backwards from there.

The heritage speaker line is what created the stir and held strong for many years and I predict will keep on drumming without anything new klipsch produced and new is not the answer, improved and using all resources does provide so much.. Moving from that edge will result in a poor product. There is so much klipsch has already produced so just make the good better than make the great greater...  Point is what makes a pro klipsch speaker is what has more possibility in continuing the klipsch speaker line. I am not a reference person by any means. Times have changed but if people care about their job they would take a deeper look at what the klipsch thugs(people don't like or respect thugs so I guess the forums results are just thugs) are doing.

Mark my words with all due respect to klipsch. Time is counting down & we will lose the true klipsch heritage. This may actually be out of hands that are under klipsch roofs

Seems the whole host of klipsch engineering is lacking a homerun or bust perspective. It is a gamble for them and for us(us, just beans comparing in the big picture)

I am stating what I read, hear and see. Here and outside. What used to be produced is what is the best so make it better. Klipsch home audio has narrowed the spectrum into the new digital video game mp3 etc wave and possibly easy and or cheap made product as is many other manufacturers. Facts are facts. There is so much more that cannot be understood til the flame has little fuel left to burn hopefully never to be completely out.

The klipsch pro line is very reasonably priced...It seems strong to move more in that direction than for one we all know a mock up version of the best buy line with reference labled on them....May not matter although I don't see this new line doing well then to the rest of new klipsch product'.

For klipsch engineers to read or deal with this forum even a bit is too much to think about I imagine. The good end of a patent is not the one where the product is weak. Klipsch engineers need not get involved in the forum yet to at least read would pay off for more/longevity out of klipsch products.

The current pro line is much stronger than a waste of re label speakers. I would suggest klipsch provide consumers with the finest or nothing. Sure the new reference serve a purpose although a minimal one at that. Throw more trash on the fire...keep it fueled and just cover up the greatness of what has been and always will be if there are great new klipsch product or not

It is expensive to buy a nice cap. It is chap to buy a thousand of them...lets make a deal....lets make the best. The reference and palladium lines are a million miles apart with any mod you do. Hopefully there will a strength between the coming months...Im just looking at price points, what works and then what does not work. Hoping for the best for klipsch for prosperity not just till I can afford an upgrade..

Trial and error. If you take 100 people with speakers with engineer degree or not and all of them mod or make their speakers better than stock a few of them are going to really be prevalent so why not take a gander and use what is working. Like said you buy a couple of anything you pay retail. You buy say 5k your gonna get some free and then some plus some swag!

• Administrators

My bosses are well aware of the value of our forum members. I've requested more participation from K employees here. The trouble is, we are all extremely busy every day, trying to save the world from crap audio ;-) I do know some of them read lots of the stuff posted here.

In all seriousness, I'll bring it up again soon. 

• Like 1

My bosses are well aware of the value of our forum members. I've requested more participation from K employees here. The trouble is, we are all extremely busy every day, trying to save the world from crap audio ;-) I do know some of them read lots of the stuff posted here.

In all seriousness, I'll bring it up again soon. 

Right on.

Looking at that new pro gear it sure does look good. If a solution could come about for "pro gear for the home" it may show some very good production/pay off and keep some klipsch heritage style in a modern package

• Like 1

Klipsch home audio has narrowed the spectrum into the new digital video game mp3 etc wave and possibly easy and or cheap made product as is many other manufacturers.

Klipsch was one of the few manufacturers to warn that the mp3 format could produce inferior sound.

I was just thinking there should be a how to, on how to order Klipsch pro.  It seems to be kind of top secret.  I know there are a couple of Pro dealers around that sell, but is there a specific protocol that needs to be followed.  Especially if we just want to order a K 402 horn/ Driver, or the K 510 horn/driver, etc..  I ask because I call cinequip to get a price on the 510, I was told I might need to get "approval" from Klipsch before they could sell it to me.  Is this correct. 

• Like 1