LA Scala's for me?

cyto

if you can pickup locally yes a goo price if in good condition. You might find cheaper but if you have to travel a long way or ship then the costs mount quickly. Get on it and see how you like them. I can't see you losing a nickle on these if you decide that they are not for you. I expect that the high efficiency will spoil you just like large format drivers do. No going back after that. Keep us posted. Best regards Moray James.

Guest Steven1963

I just sold a pair of 1982 lascala's completely stock in very good shape for $1500. I was 'only' asking $1300 on CL but a bidding war ensued. I did have custom cut glass for the tops...that's probably what tipped the scales up. :blink:

Some forum members will simply sneak new speakers in the house and suggest "No, Dear. These have always been here"...

Guilty. (Klipsch RW-12d sub, hidden in the corner, sneaked in when she wasn't home. Thank goodness all speakers look alike, right? :rolleyes: )

Going after work to look at them.

Have not got am OK from the boss yet though.....

I'm sure she's hinted at something she wants like a Michael Kors bag or something. Bring her one and she won't say a damn thing. It's how I've bought some of my toys.

Might've been a contributing reason as to why she was ok with me getting the recent CF-3's last weekend. I bought her one of those purses July 4th weekend when we were in Dallas. Women...

Some forum members will simply sneak new speakers in the house and suggest "No, Dear. These have always been here"...

It took my wife several days to notice a pair of KG4s had morphed into a pair of Chorus in our living room. I actually don't think she would have ever noticed if the kids hadn't been having such a good time dropping hints.

Are they black PA ? In other words , do they have built in handles on the sides

If so , it's always a crap shoot because PA stuff can have a ton of milage and may require complete rebuild to suit a home decor ...

If they are just black , but not industrial .... Then that price definatly gives you wiggle room to put $$ in to make them your own .

If you do purchase them ... experiment with "height " , the lascala has a sweet spot and when you find it in your room you'll know it .

Good luck ...

• Like 1

every speaker has a sweet spot and it is when you position the centre of the mid horn so it is at you seated ear level or what ever you preferred listening ear level is. Hope those new to you LaScala hit the spot Cyto. Lots you can do with them. Check out Claude's quarter pie sub thread. Best regards Moray James.