Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Asking for prayers for my daughter at Arkansas Children's Hospital.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 avguytx

avguytx

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCentral AR

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

I had just posted this in another forum...kind of a brief synopsis of what's going on.

Well, after a brief spell of being a little better, we are back in children's hospital in little rock again. The back pain never really got much better and she's been constantly nauseous the last week and a half. We took her to the Dr on Tuesday and he prescribed a couple more things for her and wanted to see her again today (Thursday) but she was even worse this morning. They tested her for mono (negative) but are talking viral meningitis but there still seems to be some pressure on her spine that keeps her in pain. The Dr wants them to do a spinal tap and draw fluid to see what is going on in there and hopefully find out more information. Please continue those prayers. We are at a loss as to what's going on an my wife is about to have a nervous breakdown with it all. You only wish you could take the pain away from your kids instead of them so they wouldn't have to deal with it. It hurts to see her in such pain.

And then my last update...

They just took her back from her room in the ER to get an MRI. They want to check first and see if there is any swelling on her brain that's causing anything. Please pray more now that there is nothing to be found from that test. After that, she gets the lumbar puncture on her spine. We are all at a loss. The oxycodone isn't helping the pain at all, her hearts racing, and she doesn't remember when some have been in the room. Her mom is back there with her now.

If you pray, please add my daughter Rylee to your prayers for them to find out what's causing her all of this pain and discomfort. They've already tried treating her for a tick borne illness, lymes disease, and now viral meningitis and have tested her for mono (negative). Thank you guys.

Carver C-1 w/BillD Mods - M-1.0t MkII Opt 002 - M200t - DTL-200 - JRiver Media Server - Klipsch CF-3 - KFL-30 - MiniDSP (on the way)

#2 Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

Klipsch Walnut Oiled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts
  • LocationBeauvoir, Mississippi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

OK, best wishes to her & you all.

posted from my iPhone, kindly ignore spell "corrections"

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC TC-P60UT50 PLASMA 3D HDTV, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK Blu ray (iPhone APPs), SONY STR-DE1075 (SURROUND, SB, WIDE)), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 Blu ray/HD DVD, iPod nano 8 GB, COMCAST HD DVR, KLIPSCH La Scala, 1980, Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers with Sonicaps (THANKS to Forum Member snailtrax) FRONT, KLIPSCH HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" SURROUND (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), HERESY II CENTER (eBay) & SURROUND BACK (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), kg2 WIDE (THANKS to Forum Member Rivernuggets) kg1 Rear HEIGHT, kg3 Front HEIGHT, RW-12d Subwoofer, km-rsw

Captain, Mississippi Nat'l Guard (Retired)

#3 muel

muel

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Prayers are with you and your family!

Approaching "the realm of the absurd"

#4 eth2

eth2

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I am sorry this is happening and wish your daughter, as well as the rest of your family, all the best.
I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now.

#5 joessportster

joessportster

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • LocationN. Carolina

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

all our prayers go out to Rylee and the whole family

currently use my laptop Running Jriver with 15000 plus flac files on external hard drive, that feeds my Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 via usb, which feeds my MHDT Havana DAC, Which feeds my ampsaandsound Kenzie headphone, which feeds my HiFiMan HE 500 Headphones

http://ampsandsound....-headphone-amp/

walk the clean and narrow,  try to stay out of state lights

I am loving music all over againbeerchug.gif

#6 jimmytamp

jimmytamp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationAbu Dhabi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

My prayer for her, you & your family.
Get well soon for her.

Regards,
Jimmy

#7 mikebse2a3

mikebse2a3

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Prayers for Rylee and her family.....!!!

miketn

Einstein:  "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted"

Richard C. Heyser:  “Perhaps more than any other discipline, audio engineering involves not only purely objective characterization but also subjective interpretations. It is the listening experience, that personal and most private sensation, which is the intended result of our labors in audio engineering. No technical measurement, however glorified with mathematics, can escape that fact.”

#8 billybob

billybob

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationFlorida Big Bend(T)

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

It is done. Thanks for letting us know.

You got time to breathe... you got time for music....Denver Pyle

#9 oscarsear

oscarsear

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

In my thoughts............... hope it all ends soon and in the best way.

To steal from one is plagiarism....to steal from many is research!! Yes, I KNOW the voices aren't real...but they've got some really good ideas.............................. If we new what we were doing it wouldn't be called research.

#10 Steven1963

Steven1963

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

Prayers and thoughts and all the goodness that I can muster is being sent to your daughter. And to you and your wife. Please keep us updated to her condition and when she starts to feel better.

Steve

Caveat: The comments I make are copyrighted. They are products of my intellect (however small) and should not be interpreted in a manner of intent to cause harm or impugn the character of any forum member or reader who suffer from paranoia, episodes of delusion, or would otherwise seek to find hidden meaning or innuendo in said comments. If conflicts result from said comments conflict(er) – ME, advises the conflict(ee), YOU, to stuff it.

#11 avguytx

avguytx

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCentral AR

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

MRI on brain came back clear. No swelling and they've ruled out meningitis. My wife is about to go insane not knowing what is happening.

Carver C-1 w/BillD Mods - M-1.0t MkII Opt 002 - M200t - DTL-200 - JRiver Media Server - Klipsch CF-3 - KFL-30 - MiniDSP (on the way)

#12 duder1982

duder1982

Total Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Done,

If I can't build it or fix it, I really don't want it. I have found that I need to start with something that works in the beginning.

home theater build pics

Jamboree build pics

THSpud Clone build pics

Gear in profile

#13 dtel

dtel

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • LocationSouth Mississippi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Done and good luck.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

#14 getech

getech

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I had just posted this in another forum...kind of a brief synopsis of what's going on.

Well, after a brief spell of being a little better, we are back in children's hospital in little rock again. The back pain never really got much better and she's been constantly nauseous the last week and a half. We took her to the Dr on Tuesday and he prescribed a couple more things for her and wanted to see her again today (Thursday) but she was even worse this morning. They tested her for mono (negative) but are talking viral meningitis but there still seems to be some pressure on her spine that keeps her in pain. The Dr wants them to do a spinal tap and draw fluid to see what is going on in there and hopefully find out more information. Please continue those prayers. We are at a loss as to what's going on an my wife is about to have a nervous breakdown with it all. You only wish you could take the pain away from your kids instead of them so they wouldn't have to deal with it. It hurts to see her in such pain.

And then my last update...

They just took her back from her room in the ER to get an MRI. They want to check first and see if there is any swelling on her brain that's causing anything. Please pray more now that there is nothing to be found from that test. After that, she gets the lumbar puncture on her spine. We are all at a loss. The oxycodone isn't helping the pain at all, her hearts racing, and she doesn't remember when some have been in the room. Her mom is back there with her now.

If you pray, please add my daughter Rylee to your prayers for them to find out what's causing her all of this pain and discomfort. They've already tried treating her for a tick borne illness, lymes disease, and now viral meningitis and have tested her for mono (negative). Thank you guys.

Best wishes for your daughter...

Klipsch KL650 THX; RS52 II; RB61 II's; Seaton Submersives.

#15 Chad

Chad

Klipsch Web Developer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationKlipsch HQ, Indy

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Oh man...

Keeping Rylee in my thoughts. Hope you find out the cause of all this soon, and she can be relieved of that pain.

Chad Wells | Klipsch Web Developer

NOTE: I tend to be pretty direct in my posts. Don't take it personally. I still love you.
If I've answered a question here to your satisfaction, please consider clicking the "Mark Solved" button on my answer post. Thanks!

System: (Receiver) Marantz SR8001, (Front) Jamo C 809, (Center) Jamo C 80 CEN, (Surround) Jamo C10SUR, (SW) Jamo C80SUB & Klipsch R-12SW, (TV) Vizio E601i-A3 60" LED

#16 CECAA850

CECAA850

Klipsch Forum Lifer Carlooch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationSoutheast TX

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

I had a daughter in TX children's hospital ICU for 45 days. I feel your pain. The unknown can be unbearable at times. Prayers for healing for your daughter and peace of mind for you and your wife have been given on your behalf.

A Harmony One remote runs a............. Pioneer Elite KURO 150FD display. Anthem D2 pre-pro. 4 QSC PLX 1104 amps. Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player. Toshiba XA2 HDDVD player. IB sub with 4 Ascendant Audio 18" drivers powered by a Behringer EP-2500. 2 Klipsch Dean G'd RF-7's, 1 Dean G'd RC-7, 2 RS-7's and 2 RB-35's, all protected by a Furman Elite 20-PFi

Bedroom 1, Lascalas w/ ALK networks and Crites tweeters, Juicy Music modded Crown D-45, Njoe Tjoeb CD player and an Anthem TLP-1. Tuba 18 sub powered by a Behringer A-500.

Bedroom 2, Heresy II's with III upgrade, Carver TFM-15, Carver CT-6 and a Sony CDP C235.

Bedroom 3, under construction.

#17 Ceptorman

Ceptorman

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationIndy

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

Prayers and good vibes sent to You, your wife, the family, and especially Rylee. Hopefully it's something minor and treatable and she's home soon.

#18 BigStewMan

BigStewMan

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts
  • LocationI've moved to an undisclosed location.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Prayers sent up on your behalf and praying that you're daughter is okay. I wish i had words that could bring you relief; but, we love our kids and hurt when they hurt. In the meantime, take some comfort in the small victories--they've ruled out some horrible stuff already! Please keep us updated.

Steve

#19 tk49

tk49

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationLincoln NE

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

I will keep Rylee and your family in my prayers

#20 William F. Gil McDermott

William F. Gil McDermott

Klipsch Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

I said a prayer for you, your wife, your daughter, and the nurses and physicians. Lab techs too. Smile.

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott, 24 July 2014 - 08:36 PM.