Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Asking for prayers for my daughter at Arkansas Children's Hospital.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 avguytx

avguytx

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationCentral AR

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

I had just posted this in another forum...kind of a brief synopsis of what's going on.

Well, after a brief spell of being a little better, we are back in children's hospital in little rock again. The back pain never really got much better and she's been constantly nauseous the last week and a half. We took her to the Dr on Tuesday and he prescribed a couple more things for her and wanted to see her again today (Thursday) but she was even worse this morning. They tested her for mono (negative) but are talking viral meningitis but there still seems to be some pressure on her spine that keeps her in pain. The Dr wants them to do a spinal tap and draw fluid to see what is going on in there and hopefully find out more information. Please continue those prayers. We are at a loss as to what's going on an my wife is about to have a nervous breakdown with it all. You only wish you could take the pain away from your kids instead of them so they wouldn't have to deal with it. It hurts to see her in such pain.

And then my last update...

They just took her back from her room in the ER to get an MRI. They want to check first and see if there is any swelling on her brain that's causing anything. Please pray more now that there is nothing to be found from that test. After that, she gets the lumbar puncture on her spine. We are all at a loss. The oxycodone isn't helping the pain at all, her hearts racing, and she doesn't remember when some have been in the room. Her mom is back there with her now.

If you pray, please add my daughter Rylee to your prayers for them to find out what's causing her all of this pain and discomfort. They've already tried treating her for a tick borne illness, lymes disease, and now viral meningitis and have tested her for mono (negative). Thank you guys.

#2 Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

Klipsch Walnut Oiled

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,401 posts
  • LocationBeauvoir, Mississippi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

OK, best wishes to her & you all.

#3 muel

muel

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Prayers are with you and your family!

#4 eth2

eth2

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I am sorry this is happening and wish your daughter, as well as the rest of your family, all the best.

#5 joessportster

joessportster

Klipsch Fanatic

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,169 posts
  • LocationN. Carolina

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

all our prayers go out to Rylee and the whole family

#6 jimmytamp

jimmytamp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationAbu Dhabi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

My prayer for her, you & your family.
Get well soon for her.

Regards,
Jimmy

#7 mikebse2a3

mikebse2a3

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Prayers for Rylee and her family.....!!!

miketn

#8 billybob

billybob

CC&C Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts
  • LocationFlorida Big Bend(T)

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

It is done. Thanks for letting us know.

#9 oscarsear

oscarsear

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

In my thoughts............... hope it all ends soon and in the best way.

#10 Guest_Steven1963_*

Guest_Steven1963_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

Prayers and thoughts and all the goodness that I can muster is being sent to your daughter. And to you and your wife. Please keep us updated to her condition and when she starts to feel better.

#11 avguytx

avguytx

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationCentral AR

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

MRI on brain came back clear. No swelling and they've ruled out meningitis. My wife is about to go insane not knowing what is happening.

#12 The Dude

The Dude

Total Awesomeness

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Done,

#13 dtel

dtel

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,374 posts
  • LocationSouth Mississippi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Done and good luck.

#14 getech

getech

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I had just posted this in another forum...kind of a brief synopsis of what's going on.

Well, after a brief spell of being a little better, we are back in children's hospital in little rock again. The back pain never really got much better and she's been constantly nauseous the last week and a half. We took her to the Dr on Tuesday and he prescribed a couple more things for her and wanted to see her again today (Thursday) but she was even worse this morning. They tested her for mono (negative) but are talking viral meningitis but there still seems to be some pressure on her spine that keeps her in pain. The Dr wants them to do a spinal tap and draw fluid to see what is going on in there and hopefully find out more information. Please continue those prayers. We are at a loss as to what's going on an my wife is about to have a nervous breakdown with it all. You only wish you could take the pain away from your kids instead of them so they wouldn't have to deal with it. It hurts to see her in such pain.

And then my last update...

They just took her back from her room in the ER to get an MRI. They want to check first and see if there is any swelling on her brain that's causing anything. Please pray more now that there is nothing to be found from that test. After that, she gets the lumbar puncture on her spine. We are all at a loss. The oxycodone isn't helping the pain at all, her hearts racing, and she doesn't remember when some have been in the room. Her mom is back there with her now.

If you pray, please add my daughter Rylee to your prayers for them to find out what's causing her all of this pain and discomfort. They've already tried treating her for a tick borne illness, lymes disease, and now viral meningitis and have tested her for mono (negative). Thank you guys.

Best wishes for your daughter...

#15 Chad

Chad

Klipsch Web Developer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationKlipsch HQ, Indy

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Oh man...

Keeping Rylee in my thoughts. Hope you find out the cause of all this soon, and she can be relieved of that pain.

#16 CECAA850

CECAA850

Klipsch Forum Lifer Carlooch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,328 posts
  • LocationSoutheast TX

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

I had a daughter in TX children's hospital ICU for 45 days. I feel your pain. The unknown can be unbearable at times. Prayers for healing for your daughter and peace of mind for you and your wife have been given on your behalf.

#17 Ceptorman

Ceptorman

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationIndy

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

Prayers and good vibes sent to You, your wife, the family, and especially Rylee. Hopefully it's something minor and treatable and she's home soon.

#18 BigStewMan

BigStewMan

Non-conformist. Different. Disgusted Again. Gotta be myself.

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts
  • LocationCame to the fork in the road--I’m taking the path that is leading me away.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Prayers sent up on your behalf and praying that you're daughter is okay. I wish i had words that could bring you relief; but, we love our kids and hurt when they hurt. In the meantime, take some comfort in the small victories--they've ruled out some horrible stuff already! Please keep us updated.

Steve

#19 tk49

tk49

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationLincoln NE

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

I will keep Rylee and your family in my prayers

#20 WMcD

WMcD

Klipsch Fanatic

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

I said a prayer for you, your wife, your daughter, and the nurses and physicians. Lab techs too. Smile.

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott, 24 July 2014 - 08:36 PM.