Asking for prayers for my daughter at Arkansas Children's Hospital.

avguytx

I had just posted this in another forum...kind of a brief synopsis of what's going on.

Well, after a brief spell of being a little better, we are back in children's hospital in little rock again. The back pain never really got much better and she's been constantly nauseous the last week and a half. We took her to the Dr on Tuesday and he prescribed a couple more things for her and wanted to see her again today (Thursday) but she was even worse this morning. They tested her for mono (negative) but are talking viral meningitis but there still seems to be some pressure on her spine that keeps her in pain. The Dr wants them to do a spinal tap and draw fluid to see what is going on in there and hopefully find out more information. Please continue those prayers. We are at a loss as to what's going on an my wife is about to have a nervous breakdown with it all. You only wish you could take the pain away from your kids instead of them so they wouldn't have to deal with it. It hurts to see her in such pain.

And then my last update...

They just took her back from her room in the ER to get an MRI. They want to check first and see if there is any swelling on her brain that's causing anything. Please pray more now that there is nothing to be found from that test. After that, she gets the lumbar puncture on her spine. We are all at a loss. The oxycodone isn't helping the pain at all, her hearts racing, and she doesn't remember when some have been in the room. Her mom is back there with her now.

If you pray, please add my daughter Rylee to your prayers for them to find out what's causing her all of this pain and discomfort. They've already tried treating her for a tick borne illness, lymes disease, and now viral meningitis and have tested her for mono (negative). Thank you guys.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Prayers and thoughts and all the goodness that I can muster is being sent to your daughter. And to you and your wife. Please keep us updated to her condition and when she starts to feel better.

I had just posted this in another forum...kind of a brief synopsis of what's going on.

Well, after a brief spell of being a little better, we are back in children's hospital in little rock again. The back pain never really got much better and she's been constantly nauseous the last week and a half. We took her to the Dr on Tuesday and he prescribed a couple more things for her and wanted to see her again today (Thursday) but she was even worse this morning. They tested her for mono (negative) but are talking viral meningitis but there still seems to be some pressure on her spine that keeps her in pain. The Dr wants them to do a spinal tap and draw fluid to see what is going on in there and hopefully find out more information. Please continue those prayers. We are at a loss as to what's going on an my wife is about to have a nervous breakdown with it all. You only wish you could take the pain away from your kids instead of them so they wouldn't have to deal with it. It hurts to see her in such pain.

And then my last update...

They just took her back from her room in the ER to get an MRI. They want to check first and see if there is any swelling on her brain that's causing anything. Please pray more now that there is nothing to be found from that test. After that, she gets the lumbar puncture on her spine. We are all at a loss. The oxycodone isn't helping the pain at all, her hearts racing, and she doesn't remember when some have been in the room. Her mom is back there with her now.

If you pray, please add my daughter Rylee to your prayers for them to find out what's causing her all of this pain and discomfort. They've already tried treating her for a tick borne illness, lymes disease, and now viral meningitis and have tested her for mono (negative). Thank you guys.

Best wishes for your daughter...

I had a daughter in TX children's hospital ICU for 45 days. I feel your pain. The unknown can be unbearable at times. Prayers for healing for your daughter and peace of mind for you and your wife have been given on your behalf.

Prayers sent up on your behalf and praying that you're daughter is okay. I wish i had words that could bring you relief; but, we love our kids and hurt when they hurt. In the meantime, take some comfort in the small victories--they've ruled out some horrible stuff already! Please keep us updated.

Steve