My 1981-Cornwalls are finally arrived!

jimmytamp

Dear all,

Just to give an update...

Finally my 1981 Cornwalls that I got from ebay are arrived. They came in extremely well packaged. They have travelled from US all the way down to here in the sandpit, almost half of the globe. Both are still in their original crossovers & drivers. Some scratches & dings on the veneer on both speaker but it's not so visible from seating position.

I've been using 2-ch of RF62 for the last 6 years & these are my 1st Cornwalls ever.

My set up are Denon 2809 receiver which goes through the VTA SP12 pre-amp & Latino's ST120 amp.

Mostly I listen to jazz & classic using AppleTV (Flac), all using only 2-ch fronts.

I placed those Cornwall right next to the wall on the side and around 60cm from the rear wall with toe-in about 45 deegrees to my listening position. Distance are around 3.5m between the CWs and 3m from each to my seating position.

Compare to the RF62, at the same volume level & tone control set up, these Cornwall bring up more details, bass and wider sound stage. The bass is huge as to my taste and it's not boomy.

The last two days i've been listening for at least 4-6 consecutive hours and it wasn't fatiguing.

When i played Norah Jones' "Seven Year", the sounds of the hands on the strings can be heard in more details.

Roberta Flack's voice was heard just like she sing up in front of me.

The sound of Coltrane's sax also much more details & I could hear some of his breaths in between the passages.

So far I love the way those 2 CWs sounding & I will do some upgrades on the crossover as well as the driver, but not in the near future.

Thanks to all who gave me some helps on the info re: those "beasts".

Warmest regards from the Sandpit,

Jimmy

PS: Herewith I attached pictures of the CWs.

post-58523-0-62160000-1406238302_thumb.j

post-58523-0-95160000-1406238320_thumb.j

• Like 1

Compare to the RF62, at the same volume level & tone control set up, these Cornwall bring up more details, bass and wider sound stage. The bass is huge as to my taste and it's not boomy.

Congrats on the new speakers. The Cornwalls are big speakers, lol. Enjoy!

Congrats on the new speakers. The Cornwalls are big speakers, lol. Enjoy!

Thanks, derrickdj1.

They are not big, just fat!!...lol

Cheers,

Jimmy

Congratulations on the Conrwalls, Of all the Klipsch gear I have purchased so far, my favorite was the cornwall purchase. My only recommendation would be to get the risers for underneath them, It only raises them 2 inches or so but I think they make a big difference not being directly on the floor. Enjoy the sound sir , may you have many more purchases to come :)

Charlie

Edited by Charlie Hustle
  • Like 1