#1 cradeldorf

cradeldorf

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationLeft coast of Michigan.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

We have a pair of these at work that have been sitting around for a long time 10+ years. Hopefully will know next week. I offered $400 for them.

Attached Thumbnails

• lascalaportable.jpg

#2 dtel

dtel

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,494 posts
  • LocationSouth Mississippi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Good luck, if you get then for that price you did wonderful.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

#3 cradeldorf

cradeldorf

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Haven't got a real good look at them since they are in their travel cases. but from what I saw they look in pretty decent shape. :)

Edited by cradeldorf, 24 July 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#4 dtel

dtel

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Moderators
  • 16,494 posts
  • LocationSouth Mississippi

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Even rough it's a great deal, easy to move, sound great for outside also.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

#5 Wrinkles

Wrinkles

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCleburne Texas

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

That is interesting. Klipsch LaScala and Dalquist DQ-10s in the same photo.

From low power needs to mega power needs.

Kinda reminds me of my own journey.

LaScalas are the better choice.

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. THEODORE ROOSEVELT Not sweating the small stuff like I used to and enjoying life more.

#6 CECAA850

CECAA850

Klipsch Forum Lifer Carlooch

• Moderators
  • 19,113 posts
  • LocationSoutheast TX

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

400 would be a great grab. Good luck!

A Harmony One remote runs a............. Pioneer Elite KURO 150FD display. Anthem D2 pre-pro. 4 QSC PLX 1104 amps. Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player. Toshiba XA2 HDDVD player. IB sub with 4 Ascendant Audio 18" drivers powered by a Behringer EP-2500. 2 Klipsch Dean G'd RF-7's, 1 Dean G'd RC-7, 2 RS-7's and 2 RB-35's, all protected by a Furman Elite 20-PFi

Bedroom 1, Lascalas w/ ALK networks and Crites tweeters, Juicy Music modded Crown D-45, Njoe Tjoeb CD player and an Anthem TLP-1. Tuba 18 sub powered by a Behringer A-500.

Bedroom 2, Heresy II's with III upgrade, Carver TFM-15, Carver CT-6 and a Sony CDP C235.

Bedroom 3, under construction.

#7 kuisis

kuisis

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Those were the first Klipsch speakers that I bought. I got them for around 400 as well. That was over ten years ago and it's what brought me to this forum. I now have had and still do have every heritage model, except Belles. Those are great speakers, good luck.

#8 cradeldorf

cradeldorf

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

Thanks guys, Hopefully they'll sound at least close to as good as my KLF 30's sound. :)

#9 MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

Did you get em?

#10 ChuckAb3

ChuckAb3

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

The Heritage sound of LaScalas will sound as good as the 30's but "different." I have Heritage (Cornwall III's) in a 2 ch system and grew up with K-Horns and LaScalas. Have the 30's in a HT system. They're all great, but have different sonic qualities. Best of luck on the purchase.

#11 Dr Morbius

Dr Morbius

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

I would have thought the LaScalas would sound way better, imho.

Steve

#12 djk

djk

Klipsch Fanatic

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

If you like lean, lean (lean) bass and cheese-grater HF, then I would agree with you.

Golden Ear Audiophile hit with a brick "Oww, that hurts! I'm bleeding!" Tin Ear Meter Reader hit with a brick "You can't prove I was hit with a brick! We need to do a double blind ABX test!"