Why some tubes are expensive!

Well good for you...I do not recall ever getting an email about it.

Really ?

Here's a copy of the E-mail from march 28 2013

BTW ... If you copy and paste the address down below the link is still active and will show pictures of the tubes and other electronics

to : craig@nosvalves.com

Hey Craig ....
Take a look at this link to a Canadian government auction site , there is 22 pictures of this item for sale .
Take a look through the pictures , loads of tubes .... Looks like at least 2 or 3 hundred tubes ......
The items are a few hours drive for me , you think this stuff is worth putting a bid in ??
We could even split it if your interested yourself and i could ship you what you want or need .
Let me know what you think , the auction is over in 4 days and the bids are closed , i have an account on this site .
Dale
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:03 PM
Edited by boxerjake

Dale,

First off I had no idea who you were posting here and I said "I don't recall" I did not say I never received such an email. You have to realize I get upwards of 200 emails with spam included on most days (no shite). Some times things slip through a cracks...I've had the exact same email address for 12 years that is available to all the darn web crawlers via my website. So spam is a huge problem that I have never found a way to completely solve and phasing out an email address that my 12 years of customers have in there address books seems stupid to me. Another absolute is this business is a labor of love making ends meet is near impossible I'm sure at the time financially the tube purchase was out of the question. The old saying has held true my entire life...It takes money to make money" I sure am glad the main focus of this business is not making money!

Cheers Craig

Edited by NOSValves

Yea I'm really regretting not seeing or addressing that email. That was one heck of a score! I think I know why I missed it or did not reply to it... that was dead nuts in the middle of dealing with my Wife's bout with cancer last year. I may have even seen the email but my brain and emotions were so fried at that time I probably didn't even look at the auction.

Edited by NOSValves

No worries craig ... Was'nt my intent to make you feel bad or anything , i do realize your e-mail traffic associated with NOS valves .

Hope all is well with you , next time something like this comes around i'll make more then one effort to get in touch with you ..

As far as i knew , the tubes were mostly radio stuff that i knew very little about .... Imagine my suprise when i picked this stuff up !!

Dale

BTW : I won 4 auctions like the one i posted the link to, all at the same time , so 4 times the stuff as in the pictures associated with the above link ....