PROFESSIONAL K-HORNS, KLIPSCH TSCM SPEAKERS!

playntheblues

Wowsers! Is it me, or is that a nice price for those?

Its You !

Please don't post such rude comments in the Garage Sale forum...

Good Golly Gee Whiz, is it possible that it was meant as a joke between friends, or a slightly sarcastic funny comment? Lighten up.

I was just going off of what was reported to me by the OP. He took it as a rude disparaging of his price, which I agree to a point. I understand good-natured ribbing amongst forum buddies but this could have been taken the wrong way by potential buyers. This is why I made that judgement call.

To be honest with you Chad it was not his price that bothered me as price will always take care of itself. The comment he made saying these were better than original Khorns is what I had a problem with which is exactly what I said to the OP in a response to his Craigslist ad

davis419b,

Why would you have a problem with his opinion?? Have you ever heard a pair of Klipsch TSCM professional K-Horns?? The extended Bass Bin is absolutely an improvement over stock. I have owned both at the same time in the same room for about a whole year and a half. The top end is hot for projecting through screen. Indy Klipsch Roger bought an extra pair of Bass Bins off me and owned stock K-Horns as well and really thought the K-402 would sound better on the TSCM Bass Bin than on the Jubilee. In fact he tried to talk Colter into playing his Jubilee 402s on the Bass Bins I sold him. Your opinion sounds really uninformed to me, but it is your opinion.

Roger

• Like 1

Another of Colters pics showing the goods

MSMMSSMdoors_resize.jpg

Max2,

Colter took pictures of the insides of the TSCM at my house and the pictures are in a thread called feeding the TSCM fever, but these photos are of the mid bass unit and midrange unit on a MCM 1900 4-way setup!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

I think that thread is where I found that photo. I wonder how many more db you gain with 4, K55's as opposed to one? It sure is a serious setup!

Max2,

Two driver are twice as loud, or 3 dG, so 4 drivers would be twice as loud agan or a total of 6 dB, but the drivers are attenuated to 3 dB louder by the cross over. They are hot, for delivering dialog through the screen. I have seen literature on the TSCM that states 106 dB at 1 watt at 1 meter efficiency and literature that states 108 dB at one watt at one meter efficiency. I tend to believe the 106 figure. They can also handle 250 watts per channel instead of only 100 watts like a stock K=horn, so they are not only more efficient, but they will play louder as well. All TSCMs were originally stock K-Horns that had finish issues which would make them "B" stock today. If you remove the paint on the front of them, they still have veneer underneath!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Guy's thanks for helping defuse the flame throwers here that really didn't know of what they speak! I will open them up this weekend and report back on what drivers etc. I definitely would sell the heads separate if that interests anyone.

Kind regards,

uh, excuse me sir but we were thread crapping, not flaming.

this thread should give you tons of detail about your speakers and the bass bin mods you're asking about. https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/103575-feeding-the-tscm-fever/

• Like 1

I think that thread is where I found that photo. I wonder how many more db you gain with 4, K55's as opposed to one? It sure is a serious setup!

Max2,

Two driver are twice as loud, or 3 dG, so 4 drivers would be twice as loud agan or a total of 6 dB, but the drivers are attenuated to 3 dB louder by the cross over. They are hot, for delivering dialog through the screen. I have seen literature on the TSCM that states 106 dB at 1 watt at 1 meter efficiency and literature that states 108 dB at one watt at one meter efficiency. I tend to believe the 106 figure. They can also handle 250 watts per channel instead of only 100 watts like a stock K=horn, so they are not only more efficient, but they will play louder as well. All TSCMs were originally stock K-Horns that had finish issues which would make them "B" stock today. If you remove the paint on the front of them, they still have veneer underneath!

Roger

So the TSM bass cab internally is the same as a K cab, just enclosed with the extended, larger cabinet?

Max2,

Roger

So the TSM bass cab internally is the same as a K cab, just enclosed with the extended, larger cabinet?

Max2,

Roger

Max2,

Exactly, they are original K-Horns with a Back built on. The early ones have K-33E square magnet drivers, and the later ones have a special K-44E industrial driver, NOT the same as the K-43E that is in Pro La Scalas or MCM bins.

Roger

Exactly, they are original K-Horns with a Back built on. The early ones have K-33E square magnet drivers, and the later ones have a special K-44E industrial driver, NOT the same as the K-43E that is in Pro La Scalas or MCM bins.

Roger

It sounds like this cab had a little inspiration and influence for the direction of the Jubilee?

Roger

It sounds like this cab had a little inspiration and influence for the direction of the Jubilee?

Definitely a predecessor, but you would have to ask Roy on that one. The Klipschorn and therefore the TSCM is a more complicated build than the Jubilee.

Roger

Roger

Definitely a predecessor, but you would have to ask Roy on that one. The Klipschorn and therefore the TSCM is a more complicated build than the Jubilee.

Roger

Im curious why the complication of the K-cab for so long and then comes the simplicity of the Jub and its better performance. I have read the accolades of the Jub cab and have also read of it having a more "in your face", PA style bass that lacks some of the refinement of the K. I wish I could hear a set of Jubs to see what I am missing, although Im betting it would just add more debt to my name.

• Like 1

Roger

Roger

Im curious why the complication of the K-cab for so long and then comes the simplicity of the Jub and its better performance. I have read the accolades of the Jub cab and have also read of it having a more "in your face", PA style bass that lacks some of the refinement of the K. I wish I could hear a set of Jubs to see what I am missing, although Im betting it would just add more debt to my name.

Max2,

I would suggest getting hold of my buddy Kevin Harmon and asking for a listen. Kevin owns KP-600 stacks, MCM-1900 4-ways, Jubilees, TSCMs, KP-900s, modern Klipshorns and a pair of 1950s K-Horns as well as Shorthorns and a host of other smaller Klipsch speakers. I was fortunate enough to spend months with Kevin and his family a few years back and a visit will answer all question to anything big Klipsch that you might have. Kevin lives in Lafayette, Louisiana.... Awsome food!!

Roger

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

K78 is the motor only without the horn. That's what's in the HF section of the KP600 setup. 

Basically the TSCM is a Khorn bottom bin with back and wings, the MSM of a MCM1900 mid section, and the very HF section of the KP600 rig. 

1x 15, 4x K55, 2 x K77(78)

Roger TwistedCrankCammer knows more about this series than anyone else on the planet. 

• Like 2