Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• Moderators

I woke up this morning to a pretty creative comment on my Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Tour Video on Youtube.  This is too funny....just had to share with everyone. 

Joseph Jove 7 hours ago

Robin: Holy LaScala, Batman! Did you see Youthman's home theater?!?!

Batman: Yes...Yes I did Robin. And yes...Yes I'm jealous.

Robin: Chin-up, Batman. You can't have it all.

Batman: What are you trying to say, Robin, that you've decided to be Youthman's side-kick now?

Robin: Yes...Yes I am, Batman.

Batman: You little runt, I made you. You're nothing without me!!!

Robin: Sorry, Dingbat. The Youthcave is irresistible.

Batman: Youthmaaaaaaaaan, you're not getting away with this!!!

STAY TUNED NEXT WEEK, SAME BAT TIME, SAME BAT CHANNEL

(Okay, I'm stopping now. It's getting a little creepy)

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 3

I woke up this morning to a pretty creative comment on my Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Tour Video on Youtube.  This is too funny....just had to share with everyone. 

Joseph Jove 7 hours ago

Robin: Holy LaScala, Batman! Did you see Youthman's home theater?!?!

Batman: Yes...Yes I did Robin. And yes...Yes I'm jealous.

Robin: Chin-up, Batman. You can't have it all.

Batman: What are you trying to say, Robin, that you've decided to be Youthman's side-kick now?

Robin: Yes...Yes I am, Batman.

Batman: You little runt, I made you. You're nothing without me!!!

Robin: Sorry, Dingbat. The Youthcave is irresistible.

Batman: Youthmaaaaaaaaan, you're not getting away with this!!!

STAY TUNED NEXT WEEK, SAME BAT TIME, SAME BAT CHANNEL

(Okay, I'm stopping now. It's getting a little creepy)

By far the best comment I have ever read!  LOL.  Love it bro.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm considering moving the dual RSW-15's from the front corners up to a platform in line with the LaScala Trio. 

Final-HT-8.jpg

I would try them at that height before you finalize it. It might change the way they sound with them being on top of a stage... Not sure, but it is always worth a try. Do you have the REW software to test out the response of your speakers?

• Like 1

• Moderators
I would try them at that height before you finalize it. I

Now that I think about it, we can test it when Wakejunkie is here and we are assembling the new wall.  Then whatever sounds best, we can place it at that time.

Do you have the REW software to test out the response of your speakers?

Wake has mentioned several times that we should FaceTime and he can show me how to run some REW tests of my room.  I've never tried using it before.

• Like 2

I would try them at that height before you finalize it. I

Now that I think about it, we can test it when Wakejunkie is here and we are assembling the new wall.  Then whatever sounds best, we can place it at that time.

Do you have the REW software to test out the response of your speakers?

Wake has mentioned several times that we should FaceTime and he can show me how to run some REW tests of my room.  I've never tried using it before.

I ran the tests myself... It was very easy. The hard part was figuring out what the measurements meant. I was lucky when I posted my results as someone told me what I needed to do and now my setup is sounding 100% better than it was. We even figured out my woofers were out of phase with the horns after running REW.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Looks like we are beginning the process of the actual build!  Wakejunkie's neck is healing well from the surgery and he has the clear from the Dr to resume normal activities (although he does still need to take it easy). 

Over the weekend, Wakejunkie spent some time organizing his shop, getting it ready for the project.  You might see a little "Custom RF-7ii Center Channel" project he is working on as well. 

shop-pan.jpg

Wakejunkie bought himself a new Rigid Table Saw and spent a few hours this past weekend planing the wood for the build.  :D   He was able to plane about 1/2 of the lumber.  I can't wait to see the progression of this build.

shop-saw.jpg

Wakejunkie called me this morning to discuss some details regarding the build.  One of the great things about Wake is I trust him 100%.  I gave him 3 things that I wanted to accomplish.

1. Rear access to the electronics to be able to make connections, swap out components etc.  He will have the bottom three cabinets on commercial rails that will allow me to extend the bottom cabinet forward into the room so I can climb behind the components.
  2. At least 33" clearance for adequate toe in of the LaScalas.  He is making it 36" from front wall to the screen.
  3. Access to the speakers.  The screen will have shocks open upwards similar to a hatchback on an SUV.

Other than that, he can make whatever decisions he needs because I know he is going to build it like it was his own and everything that I have seen Wake build over the years that we've been friends, he builds with excellence.

I'm excited for me but I'm also excited to share his craftsmanship throughout the build.  I believe it will truly be something that we both will be proud to share with others.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Wake fabricated the steel frame that will support the nearly 8ft drawer in the middle of the cabinets

cabinet-frame-1.jpg

cabinet-frame-2.jpg

Drawer slides are 20" full extension rated at 500lb.  This will allow me to pull the bottom front cabinets forward to get access behind the audio gear.  This was the one thing that I really wanted when I had my current false wall built but the designer did not make that wish a reality.  Fortunately, my new designer has a lot more skills than the previous.   :D 

drawer-slides-1.jpg

drawer-slides-2.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

We made an adjustment to the top cabinets and made three wider cabinets instead of 5 smaller cabinets.  They will mainly be for storing audio boxes and things that I rarely need access to. 

Wake also added some side columns to the rendering since we have columns at our front entry, as well as in my wife's office in our bedroom.

home-theater-render-1.jpg

columns-01.jpg

columns-02.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
Wow youthman, it looks like your theater is coming along!

Indeed it is.  We had to hit pause on the build for a few months due to Wake's neck surgery but he's slowly getting his strength back and seems as excited as I am to begin working on the construction of the new front wall. 

How're the dual subs treating you? Did it make a big difference in room response for you?

I love the impact the Dual RSW-15's have.  I haven't done any scientific testing to see how it has effected the other seats but where I sit, there seems to always be a smile on my face.  :D  I can't wait to hear Wake's dual 18" IB Subs.  Who knows, it might cause me to sell my RSW-15's. 

Simply amazing!

I'm a little bit excited. 

Wake is building this as if he was building it for himself so there is no doubt it will be done right and will far exceed what I have right now.

• Like 3