Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

Another thing you might want to try... We found that by putting the mic at a level that was in between the ear levels(height wise) of the front , and rear rows we got very even sound for the front and 2nd rows.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You got it Michael.   I have bartered for RF-83 (New), Panasonic AE8000u (New), Velodyne HGS15 (Used), Seamless Gutters, Brick Paver Sealing, Sherbourn 7/2100a (200x7) Amp (Used), Screened in Lanai, Vacation to Georgia and a few other items.  I love bartering when I can.  When you try to barter dollar for dollar, it's a win/win for both parties involved.

• Moderators
It is good seeing you still working on the HT.

Oh yeah, it's always fun to tweak here and there.  It's not that I'm dissatisfied with anything....it's just fun to try new things.  I just sent the Onkyo TX-NR5008 that I bought off for repair.  Can't wait to get it back and try it out in the HT.  I will compare it's internal amps to the Sherbourn.  I'm also looking forward to using the Multi-XT32

You and Wake were quiet the duo. He is in our prayers.

Thank you kindly.  I'll be making a visit in about 3 weeks.  Can't wait to check out his new IB subs and hang out with him for a few days.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

Unfortunately this build thread hasn't had near the progress or updates compared to my first build thread.  I shared with you that my friend wakejunkie was going to build my new front wall and just under a year ago, he had 3 strokes which forever has changed his life. 

He just called me via FaceTime to say he has begun working on my HT again!  I have told him from the beginning he can take as long as he needs.  What used to take him 1hr now takes him about 5-6hrs due to the strokes and not having any ability to retain short term memories.  He remembers everything pre-stroke as those memories, knowledge, skills were stored in his long term memory.  He was just recently diagnosed with Vascular Dementia which is what they initially thought it was but extensive testing has confirmed it.   Because of the dementia, it's extremely difficult to perform tasks and building my front wall will be a HUGE feat for him.  He's really excited about doing it though because it gives him something to look forward to.  It gives him a chance to feel productive.  Plus he's like a brother to me and he is just as excited as I am about it.

During our conversation, he asked me if we had plans for New Year's and said that he and his wife have set a goal to attempt to have the new front wall built by New Years!  He is concerned that he may not be able to finish it by then so I told him we just won't put a year on the New Year's so he doesn't have to worry about it.  LOL.

He showed me some of the progress he has made.  He has part of the bottom frame of the cabinet and the railing installed.  This is still the very early stage of the project but he is so excited to finally getting the courage to move forward with the project.  He has been very hesitant because he doesn't want to mess up, make wrong cuts, put something together wrong etc (which is a very good possibility).  To make it even more difficult, we are 600 miles away so he can't just come by and measure. 

He will likely not remember tomorrow having the conversation with me and the bigger picture is he may not ever get any better.  It makes me sad to think that he may not be able to remember those life moments (his kids birthdays, vacations, anniversaries, holidays, even his daughter's wedding day).  Thank you for all of your kind wishes and prayers for Wake.  He's doing great considering he had 3 strokes.  Although he has had to quit his job, he is blessed to be there for his family and they are able to be there for him.

I'm sure the progress and updates will be slow but I wanted to give everyone an update.  Also, there will likely not be many photos taken from the actual build process but that's ok.  I think it's understandable. 

• Like 4

Michael.

It is great to hear that Shawn(Sean?) has improved some but the STM thing is a real bummer.  I hope and pray that this "condition" can be reversed and he will be able to store and retrieve those precious family memories again.

Good luck with the build goal of New Years.

Bill 

• Like 3