Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• Moderators
Just great craftsmanship!

Shaun and his father truly have a gift.

Some of the best memories I have of my late father are of building things together.

I wish I had those memories myself.  I have almost zero woodworking skills.

Edited by Youthman

Wow such craftsmanship! I've enjoyed watching this project come together little by little, but it its looks like its coming by leap and bounds! You are going to have a very sweet looking and sounding HT that will be the envy of many.

Very cool that Wakejunkie's dad has been able to help out and impart some of his amazing talent to his granddaughter. Thanks for sharing that video of Wake, Youth! My dad had a brain aneurysm that led to a stroke of May this last year, and he too has come out relatively unscathed. What a blessing it is to see Wakjunkie out and about! Tell him we all are still praying for him and his family!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I have not checked  this thread in a while, but wanted to see how Wakejunkie was doing. This is good to hear, it's great that he now has the time with his family like this after all he went through, he is very lucky and apparently has many friends and family around him who love him.

Well it's apparent where he got some of his skills after looking at what his dad has done, very talented guys. Your right Youthman there is a plan for everyone even if it's not what we expect, your a good friend.

I hope Wakejunkie is over the main problems and can get settled with medicine and spend many more years with his family and friends.

Almost forgot, your room is going to be unbelievable, and the best part is it was done by a good friend and family which makes it much better. Every time you walk in that room it will remind you of good friends.  

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I appreciate the complements. It has been fun working with my friends and especially my Dad to finish this project.

I just can't work very long at a time and need help figuring things out more than before. At least I can still make sawdust, just at a much slower pace.

• Like 7

• Moderators
Almost forgot, your room is going to be unbelievable, and the best part is it was done by a good friend and family which makes it much better. Every time you walk in that room it will remind you of good friends.

Wow, such a true statement dtel.  Appreciate the kind words.

WOW! Michael this is Fantastic! What a wonderful room you will have!

I know I'm super excited!

At least I can still make sawdust, just at a much slower pace.

And you wear it so well my friend.  LOL

custom-cabinet-50.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
I just can't work very long at a time and need help figuring things out more than before.  I have that problem just from being old, I have to measure a few times, not because I am safe but because I can't remember the number if I get only slightly distracted.

At least I can still make sawdust, just at a much slower pace.

Speed is not important, quality is and you have that overflowing. 

But really just being around and with your family and friends who love you is all you really need.  :emotion-55:

• Like 5

Ahh! How did a picture of me get into this thread!!

This thing is turning out to be a beast, Michael! The wood work placed into this project is beautiful and will fit very well in your home and HT!  If you need a hand with figuring out transportation let me know, I may be able to help.  I do own a HD diesel truck that will tow a trailer very well if needed, would just have to work out the logistics since we are all so far apart.

• Moderators
Ahh! How did a picture of me get into this thread!!

Because you have been a big part in helping with this project Mike.  I know I certainly appreciate it and wish I could be there myself to help.

This thing is turning out to be a beast, Michael!

13' x 10' x 3' ...... yep It's for sure a massive cabinet.  Not to mention the commercial rails that have been installed, huge shocks for the screen and a massive 150" diagonal screen. 

The wood work placed into this project is beautiful and will fit very well in your home and HT!

I'm only seeing photos but I'm totally excited to soon be able to see it in person.

If you need a hand with figuring out transportation let me know, I may be able to help. I do own a HD diesel truck that will tow a trailer very well if needed, would just have to work out the logistics since we are all so far apart.

Yeah, that's going to be a challenge for sure...still working out the details.  I'm hoping to borrow a friend's 7' x 20' enclosed trailer.

• Moderators

We invited some friends over tonight to watch The War Room (fantastic movie).  Although I love my current setup, I really cannot wait until I can move the LaScalas further back (currently only about 6' from my LP) and watch an action movie on the new 150" screen!  As my son always says...."Dad...Go Big...or Go Home".  :lol:

• Like 2

• Moderators

I just texted wake...

Youthman: How ya doin today?

Wake: Ok Working on your project.  Debating on whether or not to show you what I am working on or let it be a surprise.

Youthman: Let it be a surprise.

Wake: Surprise it is...At least until tomorrow and I show you because I forgot.

Youthman:  I had already thought about that myself and that's totally fine.  You have an excuse.

I have no idea what he is working on but I know it will be awesome!  Can't wait to see it all come together!

• Like 3