Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• Moderators

Man I'm pretty excited!  Just talked with wake via FaceTime cause he wanted to show me the "surprise".  :D   His Dad is truly building an incredible cabinet!  I'll wait to receive pics or a video from him before sharing cause it will be easier to show than to explain.

Edited by Youthman

• Moderators

On the left and right side of the cabinet (below the 1/2 columns) will each have a small door that will eventually have grill mesh covering the opening. 

The bottom left side will contain my 4 Lutron Spacer Dimmers and Lutron Master Controller.

The right side will have a drawer that will hold my remotes and PS4 Remotes!  I love how it's seamless with the design. 

custom-cabinet-52.jpg

custom-cabinet-53.jpg

Here is a video showing the drawer in action.

They also will be installing soft close hinges

soft-close-hinge.jpg

This cabinet is truly turning out to be even greater than I expected!  It's pretty amazing watching it all come together.  Progress is being made!

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Beautiful, obviously it's going to be first class, can you tell when someone loves what they do and are talented doing it ? It's easy to see, I say this because I love woodworking and that build takes skill, patience and talent.   :emotion-21:

On the left and right side of the cabinet (below the 1/2 columns) will each have a small door that will eventually have grill mesh covering the opening. 

The bottom left side will contain my 4 Lutron Spacer Dimmers and Lutron Master Controller.

The right side will have a drawer that will hold my remotes and PS4 Remotes!  I love how it's seamless with the design. 

custom-cabinet-52.jpg

custom-cabinet-53.jpg

Here is a video showing the drawer in action.

They also will be installing soft close hinges

soft-close-hinge.jpg

This cabinet is truly turning out to be even greater than I expected!  It's pretty amazing watching it all come together.  Progress is being made!

That's incredible!  You better not plan on moving... ever. 

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

• Moderators

custom-cabinet-54.JPG

Slow Close Hinges and lighting box installed

custom-cabinet-55.JPG

custom-cabinet-56.JPG

custom-cabinet-57.JPG

Looks like I have a nice space for a media keyboard.  Guess I'll need to get to building that HTPC.  :)

custom-cabinet-58.JPG

Man the bottom cabinet looks AWESOME!  Not to mention ENORMOUS!  It's 13' wide.

custom-cabinet-59.JPG

I'm truly EXCITED to see this part of the build.  When I had my current false wall built, I told the builder that I really wanted to have access behind the equipment to be able to swap out gear more easily.  He told me no problem, I'll put it on rails......long story short....he didn't do what he said he was going to do.  But now, that desire is finally becoming a reality!

The middle 4 cabinets are on commercial rails with 20" full extension and rated for 500lb.  Lift the screen up, pull out the cabinet and step over to climb into and behind the equipment.  Love it!

custom-cabinet-60.JPG

I spy some custom crown molding on the front of the cabinet. 

custom-cabinet-61.JPG

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 3

That's GORGEOUS!  I can't imagine what a cabinet maker would charge to do this.

I love the push to open drawers.  We're doing that on my bathroom remodel.  None of the drawers will have handles.  Another note.  This is hard for Wake but the mental stimulation HAS to be beneficial to the healing and recovery process.  Being engaged in a project and forcing himself to recall details should be very therapeutic and help in his recovery.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's GORGEOUS! I can't imagine what a cabinet maker would charge to do this.

Shhhhhhh!  Don't tell Wake's Dad.  :lol:

I love the push to open drawers. We're doing that on my bathroom remodel. None of the drawers will have handles.

I agree.  It gives it a super clean look.  My current doors do not have handles but they don't stay shut either (and they sag).  :o   I bet they won't with the new build.  ;)

Edited by Youthman

• Moderators

Carl, I just texted wake your comments and he replied by saying, "I don't know his real name, but that guy is super nice.  Helped me several dimes during my IB build."  Just wanted to share that with you since Wake doesn't visit the forum much since his strokes.

Carl, I just texted wake your comments and he replied by saying, "I don't know his real name, but that guy is super nice.  Helped me several dimes during my IB build."  Just wanted to share that with you since Wake doesn't visit the forum much since his strokes.

It was my pleasure.

Wake is like me in one respect.  We would discuss the aspect of his IB build and I'd be telling him to do this or don't do that.  He always had to know why and I appreciate that about any one I try to help.  It's great to see the light come on at the end of the conversation.  He's a great guy.