Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

Since the bottom middle portion of the cabinet is on commercial rails and will have the ability to slide out to allow easy access behind the equipment, we would either have to mount the baseboard with a gap at the bottom OR.....create a custom hinged baseboard!  Now I see where Shaun got his creative genes and woodworking skills from.  His dad has some mad woodworking and engineering skills!

Sic

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looking great.

I have to say, I have the exact table saw, and I have a really strong feeling I will have to steal the idea of the router table mounted in the end of the saw, very smart, it's empty space anyway, Thanks  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:

• Moderators
I have a really strong feeling I will have to steal the idea of the router table mounted in the end of the saw, very smart, it's empty space anyway,

Honestly, I see the photos but have no idea what they actually did.  Haha

• Moderators
I have to say, I have the exact table saw, and I have a really strong feeling I will have to steal the idea of the router table mounted in the end of the saw, very smart, it's empty space anyway,

Shaun said he sent you a PM about it.

• Moderators

I just re-watched the video showing the sanding of the Column and I noticed a few "components" that I recognized....a drill, some pulley's and some ratchet straps? Something tells me this wasn't purchased at Home Depot. 

So I call Shaun and had him watch the video and asked about it. 

A custom homemade lathe was built for this project using a drill for the motor, lawnmower pulleys, ratchet straps and pipe clamps.  :o  

Honestly this absolutely normal and expected from the Ivy family.  They have always thought "Outside the Box" and if the box didn't exist, they would make their own.  ;)

• Like 2

• Moderators

I have to say, I have the exact table saw, and I have a really strong feeling I will have to steal the idea of the router table mounted in the end of the saw, very smart, it's empty space anyway,

Shaun said he sent you a PM about it.

Just checking back here, Yes he did, and he also had some good ideas to make it work even better, Thanks all.

Youthman............you lucky dog, your room is going to be amazing.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1