Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• Moderators

More progress on the staining, shalacking (not sure that's a word) and poly!

custom-cabinet-177.jpg

custom-cabinet-178.jpg

custom-cabinet-179.jpg

custom-cabinet-180.jpg

Brotherly love is someone that's willing to store your project in his own Home Theater.  :D

custom-cabinet-181.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
Looks great Michael, I like that finish.

Thanks man.  I'm loving what I see, even from his crappy iPhone pics.  :lol::P   Hey, I'm just grateful I have pics to share the build process with everyone.  In just a few weeks, I'll be able to hopefully take pics of the finished product that will help do it justice.

Robo, I have lots of bungee cords that I'm going to use to strap it to the top of my expedition. Should be fine as long as it doesn't rain

Keep your speed under 100 mph, you should be good

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Haha.  Totally agree with ya.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Once again i need to say your room is going to look great, but don't forget when the lights are turned down (which may take a while with everything to look at) it's going to sound great. I was really excited when you tried out the LaScalas and decided to go in that direction, great choice.

Amazing work by a good friend.

• Like 1

Those that dont game may not understand but call of duty or tomb raider and other top games in that theater could be as fun as any movie. As great as home theater is, some games have even better sound than movies. Hopimg to hear about a game session!

• Like 1

• Moderators
I was really excited when you tried out the LaScalas and decided to go in that direction, great choice.

Thanks dtel.  I can't wait to get the LaScalas directly behind the screen and a little further from my LP.

Those that dont game may not understand but call of duty or tomb raider and other top games in that theater could be as fun as any movie. As great as home theater is, some games have even better sound than movies. Hopimg to hear about a game session!

My son has tons of PS4 games....I play some but spend most of my spare time developing websites and graphic design.  Plus with the better games on the PS4, and not having the PS4 in the HT, I rarely go into my son's room to play a bit.  But yes, it's incredible playing Call of Duty on it.

• Moderators

Thanks Mustang.  It was the first time I've ever made a timelapse with the GoPro.  I wasn't sure how many seconds between photos so I set it at 10 seconds.  I think next time, I will do 5 seconds since I ended up slowing down the video by 50%.  It was just too fast at original speed.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ok, my HT is officially TRASHED!  Haha. 

custom-cabinet-188.jpg

custom-cabinet-189.jpg

This evening, I will paint the front wall Flat Black and touch up the ceiling where the front cabinet was installed.

My 40' CBConcept®, 4300 Lumen, BLUE, Dimmable, Flexible Flat LED Strip Rope light arrived today.  Shaun had misplaced the first set the other day and he finally found it, only to discover somehow they were broken.  So I ordered another set but honestly, I wasn't super excited about buying them.  The first set was cheap, around $18....this set was $47 but once I plugged it in, it looked awesome!

The rope lighting will be connected to a dimmer and will accent around the frame of the projection screen.  I LOVE the blue color.  Can't wait to finally have "Scenes" in my HT.  Currently, I only have the 6 can lights on a Lutron Maestro Dimmer that dim over 20 seconds (which is cool).  Now I will be able to have 5 Lighting Scenes with the Lutron Spacer.

custom-cabinet-190.jpg

custom-cabinet-191.jpg

custom-cabinet-192.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 2

I agree, surround sound in games are much more immersive in movies in my opinion as it reacts in real time. Especially first person shooters. I remember when I first got my 15'' sub set up and played HALO 3. I just ran around blowing up everything I could to see how it would rumble.

The "To be stained" pile is getting smaller. 

custom-cabinet-182.jpg

custom-cabinet-183.jpg

custom-cabinet-184.jpg

custom-cabinet-185.jpg

Wow! This has been such an epic build an a huge inspiration. I have a router in my closet right now due to this thread alone. (Ok, and some of the Cinema F-20 builds too...) :D  I am going to be literally waiting all week to see how this all comes together, mad props to Wake and Youth for putting this all together. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

I agree, surround sound in games are much more immersive in movies in my opinion as it reacts in real time. Especially first person shooters. I remember when I first got my 15'' sub set up and played HALO 3. I just ran around blowing up everything I could to see how it would rumble.

Shooters are always incredible nowadays and the latest COD certainly fits the bill!  

Another huge bonus, and to tie back into YM's thread, are the tactile transducers.  Once I put them in my couch and played games with them, you no longer care about or want the controller to rumble.  The couch rumble is night and day.  I was playing Far Cry Primal the other night and when hunting the Wooly Mammoths, you can feel them shaking the ground (couch) with each step. No matter what a sub can do, the bass shaker are incredible adds too, I hope YM considers them, possibly a few buttkickers as an option for crazy action flicks (i.e. Jurassic World)