Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• Moderators

We began Day 2 of the installation at 7am and wrapped up at 12:30am. Two very long days....I'm working off of 4hrs sleep. Yesterday I had my very first energy drink at midnight, and my second energy drink this evening. LOL

I don't have any photos to share as most of the day was spent outside making adjustments to the height of the columns. Neither of us felt the transition from the column to the piece that sits above the column flowed well so he had to make some adjustments to several pieces and ended up modifying the top and the bottom of the column.

I painted the side walls to help totally blacken the area behind the screen and am very pleased at how that looks. I also painted the wood supports behind the screen frame flat black as well.

We ran into a few more snags today but were able to overcome and as always, Shaun found solutions to the problems.

I thought a quick video recap showing what we've worked on might be nice. I will post a recap video each evening showing the progress we've made. Hope you enjoy the video while I catch up on some much needed sleep. It's almost 2am and we are hitting it hard again at 7am.

• Like 8

• Moderators
Cool video, thanks for that. It really shows how it's all coming together.

Thanks Ceptor.  I wish I would have thought about that for Day 1 but I will do one each night when we finish recapping our progress for the day.

Thanks for bringing us along with the video. It really does tell the story so much better than still pictures.

Absolutely!

• Moderators

We began this morning at 8am.  It's now 8pm and we just took a break for a quick dinner. 

Today we moved the LaScala Trio and Quad RSW-15's onto the platform and hooked up the speakers, Onkyo receiver and the AppleTV just to play some music while we work. 

The arch, diamond patterns and side decorative pieces have been installed.  We had to move the front two can lights about 2' as it was too close to the cabinet. 

We still have to add a few trim pieces to the very top and a 7" Crown Moulding to finish it off the top portion of the cabinet.

klipsch-lascala-trio-home-theater-build-

We made a cutout in the back wall for the projector.  The projector will sit between a pantry and my son's closet. 

• Like 5

The amount of detail and craftsmanship that was put into this build is simply stunning, when this build is done it's going to be a piece of art. Well done on a truly amazing looking home theater. I can't wait to see the final results, so I can't imagine how excited you must be.

• Like 1

We began this morning at 8am.  It's now 8pm and we just took a break for a quick dinner. 

Today we moved the LaScala Trio and Quad RSW-15's onto the platform and hooked up the speakers, Onkyo receiver and the AppleTV just to play some music while we work. 

The arch, diamond patterns and side decorative pieces have been installed.  We had to move the front two can lights about 2' as it was too close to the cabinet. 

We still have to add a few trim pieces to the very top and a 7" Crown Moulding to finish it off the top portion of the cabinet.

We made a cutout in the back wall for the projector.  The projector will sit between a pantry and my son's closet. 

That set-up looks Sweet! I can't wait to see and hear it!

That pic of Shaun freaked me out! Lol!

I swear I saw the same kit last night on Ikea :)  Looks awesome

• Like 1

Let me dedicate this magnificent music to your project. 

The piece starts with a fanfare then breaks right into high energy.  It is complex, has bursts of excitement and some longer thoughtful quiet parts.  Then when you come to the ending, it is powerful, fulfilling, and when you hear it, you know it's the ending!