Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

Id be curious to know if you like John which more after calibration. Because John wick has crazy good sound. Some of the best bass in the club shootout scene. But that also could be because your stuff drops at 20hz. Hmm after wife gets a few things on her list maybe some 18's are next

Youthman, try changing your setting to Dynamic or one of the other settings. We are running ours in Dynamic "ECO" mode...that should get you closer. Glad to see you also agree zero eyestrain being closer than what is suggested by others. :)

• Moderators
The club shoot out scene is some of the best sounding audio I have heard on my system.

I'll have to watch it again and see how it sounds.  I just really didn't care for the lack of plot in the movie.  Wife dies + dog is murdered = killing spree.  The Equalizer had tons of action but also incorporated a solid plot and good character development.

Youthman, try changing your setting to Dynamic or one of the other settings.

I'll take a look when I get home to see where that setting is in the Onkyo.

Glad to see you also agree zero eyestrain being closer than what is suggested by others. :)

Yeah, I was actually worried that everyone was going to be right and that it would be just ridiculously large and uncomfortable to watch.  It's TOTALLY immersive now.  I was blown away visually and audibly.

Youthman, what did you use for the screen material?

I chose the Seymour Center Stage XD.  It's incredibly strong.  We had difficulty getting the spline to push the fabric into the groove so we had to use a flat head screwdriver to push the fabric into the groove first and then insert the spline.  I was afraid it would rip it but it is extremely tough and it barely stretches.  I was also concerned that when I lift the screen, with it being 150" diagonal, the fabric would sag really bad since the screen is so huge but nope....it barely moves and it's 12' wide!  I highly recommend it.  It will save you a lot by doing it yourself.

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 2

The RSW-15's performed VERY well last night but I still want to hear a Danley DTS-10 sometime. 

Once you do...you will be searching for more space, :) When I have some more cash... I will be looking for 2 more to put on the center of my side walls.