Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• Moderators
A special thanks to all who helped me finally get it finished. Sad thing is I don't even know who all helped, all I know is I couldn't have done it without the help. I was just cleaning up in the shop and found sign after sign that my wife had posted as reminders for me on this project. My favorite "Michael changed his mind. NOT BLACK anymore."

That's funny, you are obviously surrounded by people who love you, everything else is not a problem when you have that. B):emotion-21:

The NOT BLACK thing was probably Youthmans best decision, it looks great stained.

Your a good man WakeJunkie, YM is lucky to have you as a friend :) ( and not because of his HT room) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Moderators
The NOT BLACK thing was probably Youthmans best decision, it looks great stained.

Yeah, it took me a year to make that decision but now I'm soooo glad I did.  The more photos he sent me, the more craftsmanship I saw and knew that needed to be highlighted, not hidden.  When I started my first HT, I originally wanted a cherry wood finish but I let the guys in the AVS forum talk me into a dark front wall because they said when the movie starts, you want the front wall to disappear.  Now that my front wall is practically my screen, I definitely do not see the cherry once the movie begins.  LOL

YM is lucky to have you as a friend :) ( and not because of his HT room) :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I put together a short video of the Journey to Alabama to pick up the Cabinet.  It's not all inclusive as we were under a time constraint to get back to Florida but it will show you some of the journey as well as a quick video tour of Wakejunkie's Home Theater.

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 3

I had the pleasure today to visit with Youthman and check out his awesome home theater. 150 inch screen!! Fantastic professional wood working, looks awesome! Wake junkie did an excellent job. Everything looks great and sounds great fantastic job guys! Way to go! I might need to do a drop-down screen and add to my home theater!

Edited by Superdave

• Moderators
Another excellent video! You have the video making gift my friend.

Thanks Mustang.

Sean must not know what to do now that he can play pool and foozeball again.

A few days ago, I was talking with Shaun and I said, "I bet you are finally glad to have all of the space back in your workshop after building my cabinet" and he said, "All that is missing is a pile of wood".  He doesn't remember it at all.  Only the initial wood that he purchased prior to his strokes.  Today I showed him the video and he couldn't believe how much of my stuff was in his HT.  LOL

Very cool video

Thx Dtel.  This is for me as well as for Shaun.  He doesn't remember spending 107hrs building it at my house so the videos will allow him to see what he can't remember.

I had the pleasure today to visit with Youthman and check out his awesome home theater.

Grateful to have you visit Dave.  Still a lot of audio tweaking to do.  Might get you to help with with REW sometime.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Spent some time working on the Lighting today.  Thought I would share a video demoing a few lighting scenes I programmed using the Lutron Spacer, Lutron Maestro and 4 Lutron SPS-600 Dimmers.

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It's definitely pretty aggressive lighting for the reveal.  The three blue outdoor light bulbs above the speakers are not bright enough to "Reveal" the speakers when they are turned on.  The LED company that I purchased the LED for around the screen sent me the 12' LED that I'm using behind the screen free for giving them a positive review on Amazon and for allowing them to use my photos showing their LED on their website.

Behind the screen and above the speakers, we installed three lighting sockets.  I may see what 3 white bulbs will look like above shining down on the speakers.  I do like the blue "mood" though.

• Moderators

I just replaced the Blue Outdoor Flood Lights with 65w White Flood Lights and turned off the bottom Blue LED and the flood lights do not provide enough light to reveal the speakers.  You can barely see the speakers.  I know what's behind the screen and I can't make out what they are with the white flood lights.

Down the road, I may consider purchasing either a second LED to place above the speakers shining down on them as well as having the LED below them shining up or get one long LED and do behind the screen like I did on the outside of the screen.

Edited by Youthman