Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

3 hours ago, Grizzog said:

Great pics and build! To have a true dynamic range image, 3 exposures are necessary, 5-9 are better. Cameras don't sense in color - they sense in black and white - they will expose to make everything straight down the middle gray. The D7000/7100 are drastically different in the DNR capability than the older generation cameras. I don't think they'll ever be able to grab what the human eye can in one shot, but they will continue to improve. Regardless, there are ways around all the limitations.

...besides, all your photos in this thread are awesome!

They are really pushing the technology in cinema for both Cameras and Televisions so hopefully it will trickle down to consumer DSLRs soon. Its actually interesting that old film shot movies actually had better dynamic range than modern digital captures so when they roll out the new HDR Televisions they can just re-scan the old film masters and present them in a more true manner to the original.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, dtel said:

I love how it looks, the whole thing is an amazing job, from start to finish. 

Thanks Dtel.

14 hours ago, dtel said:

I have to say, remember when you were first wondering about trying the LaScala's, and not knowing if you would like them, you could not have imagined your room to be like this today.

Yes, I remember that very well.  I never dreamed I would have this level of system in my own home.  It's crazy and I feel truly blessed.

6 hours ago, Grizzog said:

Great pics and build!  ...besides, all your photos in this thread are awesome!

Thank you Grizzog

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2016 at 6:43 PM, Youthman said:

Oh yeah!  Just received these photos from wakejunkie.  :D  From render to reality!

The screen frame has been equipped with these Mighty Lift Supports to provide easy access behind the screen.  Man it's super exciting to see this all coming together. 

Final-Front-Wall-1.jpg

custom-cabinet-40.jpg

custom-cabinet-41.jpg

Do you know what pieces were required to mount it, and what the location of the mounting points will be?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ellisr63 said:

Do you know what pieces were required to mount it, and what the location of the mounting points will be?

Hopefully these photos will help.  I remember Wake had to make some additional adjustments (extra holes) in the frame that he welded in order to get the supports to hold the screen up.

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I love it,but its over kill in my condo , it can do all the new stuff atmos and 3d stuff  more then I can use, I have it now in a 7.1 with 2 front high speakers. I think it can run upto 14 speakers and 2 or 3 subs, it has the xlr and rca outputs and you can run them at the same time. I want to sell it with the matching 5 channel amp and just get a reg 7.1 unit